Less than two months after Prime Minister Narendra Modi joined Viber’s Public Chat, his platform on Tuesday has become the biggest Chat till date in India.Within weeks of joining, Narendra Modi has got more than 8.5 lakh followers on Viber. Modi joined Viber Public Chat on January 26th 2015, on the occasion of Republic Day.
Being one of the most influential personalities on the internet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been reaching out to billions of his followers and fans through some of the most popular social media platforms.
Modi has been using social media to showcase various projects and initiatives undertaken by the Government of India and motivate people to serve the nation through campaigns like Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Jan Dhan Yogna, and Budget Updates.
- Salman Nadvi acting at behest of Modi: Asaduddin Owaisi
- PM Modi bats for Aadhaar, claims it bolstered India’s development and curbed corruption
- Siddheshwar Swami turns down Padma Shri, writes to PM Modi: ‘Being a sanyasin I am little interested in awards’
- ‘Namaste Shalom’ magazine to be launched during Benjamin Netanyahu’s Mumbai visit
- PM Narendra Modi crosses 10 million followers on Instagram — continues to be at No 1 spot
- Priyanka Chopra joins star-studded Viber public chats
Modi launched his Public Chat on January 26th 2015 by saying, “Hello World! Great being on Viber”
Launched last year, Public Chats allows users to discover, share and follow live discussions from a wide variety of known personalities, celebrities and brands across genres like music, sports, politics, fashion, entertainment and more, using the familiar interface of the instant messaging platform.
“We are extremely honoured to announce that Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s Public Chat has become the biggest Viber Public Chat in India within a month of its launch. Being one of the most influential personalities on social media, Shri Narendra Modi has been continuously encouraging the use of digital platform” said Anubhav Nayyar, Country Head, Viber India.