A week after he became the fourth most followed world leader, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now gone a rung up to number three ahead of Indonesian President S B Yudhoyono on Twitter today.
While Modi now has around 5,087,980 followers to Yodoyono’s 5,08743 followers, US President Barack Obama and the Pope have more followers on Twitter.
Incidentally, he is also the second most popular on Facebook with 8 million followers. His first grip on the social media is a testaments of the success of his strategy in the run up to the elections. Of the 60 million elections-related Tweets generated during the Lok Sabha elections this year, Modi dominated the conversation to a large extend. Just on counting day, Modi and BJP accounted for over half of the 2 million poll-related Tweets.
Modi’s @narendramodi handle has added over a million followers since his election win, even as his newly acquired official @PMOIndia grew 40% since his swearing-in ceremony. His election victory Tweet is the most retweeted Tweet of all time from India.
India has won! भारत की विजय। अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं।
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 16, 2014