A week after he became the fourth most followed world leader, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has now gone a rung up to number three ahead of Indonesian President S B Yudhoyono on Twitter today.
While Modi now has around 5,087,980 followers to Yodoyono’s 5,08743 followers, US President Barack Obama and the Pope have more followers on Twitter.
Incidentally, he is also the second most popular on Facebook with 8 million followers. His first grip on the social media is a testaments of the success of his strategy in the run up to the elections. Of the 60 million elections-related Tweets generated during the Lok Sabha elections this year, Modi dominated the conversation to a large extend. Just on counting day, Modi and BJP accounted for over half of the 2 million poll-related Tweets.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Modi’s @narendramodi handle has added over a million followers since his election win, even as his newly acquired official @PMOIndia grew 40% since his swearing-in ceremony. His election victory Tweet is the most retweeted Tweet of all time from India.
India has won! भारत की विजय। अच्छे दिन आने वाले हैं।
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 16, 2014