Software and mobile handset major Microsoft is ready with 4G band devices, said a senior executive on Monday.
“As soon as the operators decide about the 4G, we can offer them the technology,” said Raghuvesh Sarup, sales director at Nokia India, a subsidiary of Microsoft Mobiles.
Speaking after the launch of the Lumia 630 dual SIM smartphone handset, the first device with Windows 8.1 system in the country, he said, “We have been LTE-ready with devices starting 2012; we have the technology. As the India LTE landscape has been recently clarified, we are working closely with operators. We also support FDD band 3 (1800MHz) which was recently auctioned.”
Currently telecom operators are busy trying to assess their own network capability for LTE, he said, adding “it’s not yet known which major telecom player will choose what band. But, we are ready.”
Talking about the Lumia 630, first dual SIM smartphone from the Microsoft stable, Sarup noted that over 80 per cent of the smartphones sold in the country are dual SIM ones.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016