In the season of exclusive e-tail partnerships, Microsoft has announced that its entire Interactive Entertainment Business range would be available in India exclusively on Amazon.in from September 1. While Amazon.in has announced exclusive pre-orders for Xbox One beginning today, the present range includes Xbox One, Xbox 360, Kinect, Xbox Live, Xbox Accessories and all Microsoft-published Xbox game titles.
Microsoft’s Country General Manager for Consumer Channels Group Chakrapani Gollapali said they saw tremendous opportunity in delivering their products and services to the ever-expanding natively digital audience. “We believe this collaboration with Amazon gives us the platform to build scale at an unprecedented level for the gaming and entertainment category in India. We also see opportunities to nurture and build unique experiences in partnership with local content companies that have come together to give fans in India the best gaming and entertainment experience ever,” he said. This is the first time Microsoft is focusing on retailing its products through an ‘online only’ channel.
Samir Kumar, Director, Category Management, Amazon India said Amazon was the fastest growing eCommerce platform in the country and this partnership is a validation of the faith customers and sellers place on our brand. “This partnership gives us the opportunity to forge deeper engagement with gaming enthusiasts across the country and aligns with our vision of offering customers in India the widest selection at low prices, fast and reliable delivery and a trustworthy shopping experience,” he said.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Consumers pre-ordering the Xbox One will get the blockbuster game FIFA 15 for free. The Kinect bundle will include an additional free game of Dance Central Spotlight, said a release.
In addition, the first 1,000 customers will also get special offers worth Rs 10,000 which include Rs. 3000 off on purchase of a second Xbox One controller, Amazon.in Gift Cards worth Rs. 1500, 2 free Blu-ray movies worth Rs. 2500 (The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Rs. 2000 off on a selected range of speakers and Rs. 1000 off on a selected range of backpacks.
The Xbox One will be available in India beginning September 23 at Rs 39,990 and Xbox One with Kinect will be available at Rs 45,990.
Anshu Mor, Director – Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft India, said: “We will continue to support sales of Xbox 360 portfolio till August 30 across our existing retail channels, post which the portfolio will become exclusive to Amazon.in.”