In the season of exclusive e-tail partnerships, Microsoft has announced that its entire Interactive Entertainment Business range would be available in India exclusively on Amazon.in from September 1. While Amazon.in has announced exclusive pre-orders for Xbox One beginning today, the present range includes Xbox One, Xbox 360, Kinect, Xbox Live, Xbox Accessories and all Microsoft-published Xbox game titles.
Microsoft’s Country General Manager for Consumer Channels Group Chakrapani Gollapali said they saw tremendous opportunity in delivering their products and services to the ever-expanding natively digital audience. “We believe this collaboration with Amazon gives us the platform to build scale at an unprecedented level for the gaming and entertainment category in India. We also see opportunities to nurture and build unique experiences in partnership with local content companies that have come together to give fans in India the best gaming and entertainment experience ever,” he said. This is the first time Microsoft is focusing on retailing its products through an ‘online only’ channel.
Samir Kumar, Director, Category Management, Amazon India said Amazon was the fastest growing eCommerce platform in the country and this partnership is a validation of the faith customers and sellers place on our brand. “This partnership gives us the opportunity to forge deeper engagement with gaming enthusiasts across the country and aligns with our vision of offering customers in India the widest selection at low prices, fast and reliable delivery and a trustworthy shopping experience,” he said.
Consumers pre-ordering the Xbox One will get the blockbuster game FIFA 15 for free. The Kinect bundle will include an additional free game of Dance Central Spotlight, said a release.
In addition, the first 1,000 customers will also get special offers worth Rs 10,000 which include Rs. 3000 off on purchase of a second Xbox One controller, Amazon.in Gift Cards worth Rs. 1500, 2 free Blu-ray movies worth Rs. 2500 (The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Rs. 2000 off on a selected range of speakers and Rs. 1000 off on a selected range of backpacks.
The Xbox One will be available in India beginning September 23 at Rs 39,990 and Xbox One with Kinect will be available at Rs 45,990.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Anshu Mor, Director – Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft India, said: “We will continue to support sales of Xbox 360 portfolio till August 30 across our existing retail channels, post which the portfolio will become exclusive to Amazon.in.”