Micromax had announced ‘Canvas 4’ smartphone and began its pre-order at the end of June at Rs 5,000 without revealing its price and specifications. Micromax Canvas 4 has hit the Indian market with a price tag of Rs 17,999.
Micromax announced that 11,500 units of Canvas 4 have been pre-booked in less than a week after it appeared on companys website on June 28.
Micromax also revealed its specifications. It runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) and is powered by MT6589,the quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 Ghz made by MediaTek which has a tie-up with Micromax. The recently launched Canvas series smartphones are also powered by the same quad-core processor.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Canvas 4 has a 5-inch screen like its predecessor with 720p resolution and comes with 16GB internal storage and 1GB RAM. The storage is expandable with microSD card. The device with plastic and an aluminum frame.
It sorts a 13MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera.
It is loaded with a few gesture functions like the flip-to-mute a call. When the phone rings users can flip the phone to silence the ringtone. Like the feature in Samsung S III,one can also make calls by holding the phone to ear. while on a call the Canvas 4 turns loudspeaker on when the smartphone is flipped. Another addition to the gesture technology is ‘blow-to-unlock’. Users can unlock the Canvas 4’s screen by blowing air on the screen.
Micromax has also introduced a touch-enabled cover for Canvas 4 for protection against scratches. Remove the back panel and mount the cover. Unlike other flip covers this is transparent and fits the screen well without compromising on the touch function. Users can enjoy the touch feature with Gloves on.
These features are of course very similar to what the Samsung Galaxy S4 offers but again Samsung has started rolling out these gesture-controlled features to low-priced smartphones such as Galaxy Mega series,Samsung Galaxy Core (priced Rs 15,350 and has features like Smart Pause,Smart Stay,etc). Also if the S4 mini does come to India,it will have these features as well and it could be priced at Rs 20,000. (S III mini though never officially launched in India is available in grey markets for Rs 17,750.)
“Our consumers have yet again reposed their faith in Micromax with the overwhelming response to the unprecedented pre-booking for Canvas 4 without revealing price or specifications,” Micromax Co-Founder Rahul Sharma said.
The company,which clocked a turnover of Rs 3,100 crore last fiscal,is looking to grow 2.5 times by the end of this financial year.
Elaborating about the company’s growth rate,Micromax CEO Deepak Mehrotra said as per CMR (Cyber Media Research),the company has 17.1 per cent smartphone market share in Q1 of 2013,positioning it as number two in the category and it has already moved to 24.3 per cent in April 2013.
“As we move forward in our pursuit of being the number one smartphone player in India,we are looking to further strengthen our product innovations and service offerings,” he said.
As per CMR data,Samsung has 37 per cent,Micromax 24.3 per cent and Karbonn 9.1 per cent market share in smartphone category as April 2013.
Overall,Nokia is the leader with 19.8 per cent,followed by Samsung with 13.1 per cent and Micromax 11.84 per cent in the country’s mobile phone market.