Google India is pushing for a safer internet with a “Good to Know” campaign that will ensure that the next billion Internet users are empowered to be responsible digital citizens.
The campaign, launched as part of the Safer Internet Day, is a joint effort with the Digital Empowerment Foundation (DEF) and the Voluntary Organization in the Interest of Consumer Education (VOICE). It will include a series of online safety workshops in schools, NGOs, consumer and industry groups across India.
In a release, Chetan Krishnaswamy, Google India’s Country Head for Public Policy, said: “Through the Good to Know campaign, we want to help equip millions of new Internet users coming online in India with the knowledge and tools needed to become responsible digital citizens. Internet safety begins with exercising meaningful choices when online, having an open conversation about it with our families, and teaching them the basics such as using strong, unique passwords and not sharing personal information.”
J Satyanarayana, Secretary, Department of Electronics and IT, Ministry of Communications and IT called it an excellent initiative, while Dr. Gulshan Rai, DG, CERT-In said that while the potential of the Internet is immense, it is therefore important that we use the medium responsibly.
Safer Internet Day, now in its eleventh year, is celebrated every February 11 to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology, especially amongst children and young people across the world.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest