Google’s brand value shot up 40 per cent in a year to USD 158.84 billion (115 billion euros), Millward Brown said in its 2014 100 Top BrandZ report.
“Google has been extremely innovative this year with Google Glass, investments in artificial intelligence and a range of partnerships,” said Benoit Tranzer, the head of Millward Brown France.
Google Glass is Internet-linked eyewear for which the firm has joined hands with Luxottica, a frame giant behind Ray-Ban and other high-end brands, to sell the new product in the United States.
“All these activities send a very strong signal to consumers about the essence of Google,” Tranzer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Apple, which dominated the top position for three straight years, saw its brand value fall by 20 per cent to USD 147.88 billion.
The top 10 of the 100 slots were dominated by US firms.
Fast food chain McDonald’s ranked next at USD 85.71 billion, followed by Coca Cola (USD 80.68 billion), it said.
China led in the insurance sector with Ping An valued at USD 12.4 billion and China Life (USD 12 billion).
French luxury goods manufacturer Louis Vuitton ranked 30th overall but was the top luxury brand with a value of more than USD 25 billion.
Brand value is calculated on the basis of the firms’ financial performance and their standing among consumers.