Google marked Nelson Mandela’s 96th birthday by dedicating a clickable interactive Doodle to his ‘Long Walk to Freedom’. The doodle is a slideshow of his most famous quotes. One of them being: ‘No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin or his background or his religion’.
As described by the Doodle artist Katy Wu, Nelson Mandela had an eloquent way with words. And thus the Doodle honours his valuable teachings.
Nelson Mandela was an anti-apartheid revolutionary and served as the President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. Born on July 18, 1918 as Rolihlahla Mandela in Cape Province of South Africa he was influenced by ideologies of Marxism and non-violence. Mandela served 27 years in prison on charges of sabotage and conspiracy against the State. Once released, he played a key role in negotiating against apartheid and ending it.
He studied law while he was imprisoned. In one of the illustration of Mandela’s imprisonment, shows him reading accompanied by the quote: “Education is the most powerful weapon which we can use to change the world”.
After his death in 2013, he now rests in Mandela Graveyard, Qunu, Eastern Cape.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016