Google India has launched a campaign which is aimed at simplifying the web for the country’s internet users.
“The objective of the campaign is to help simplify the Web for Indian users,showing how they can get instant answers to their most common queries,” Sandeep Menon,Director,Marketing,Google India,said here.
STOCK MARKETS LINKS
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said that as more Indians come online for the first time,they are increasingly looking for convenient ways to find information on the web.
“Whether it is to find out about the weather,checking flight status,or even looking for a restaurant for dinner date,Google Search can give users instant answers to these common queries in the form of information cards that appear above search results,” he said.
With more and more Indians surfing the internet using their mobile phones,Menon said,”today the next billion users are making the leap from no internet to mobile internet,without ever having used a desktop computer.”
Terming the youth of the city net-savvy,he said,”it is in fact quite fascinating to see an overwhelming response from the youth dominated Chandigarh populace who have readily embraced the technology in their lifestyle. Chandigarh is believed to be one of the top cities when it comes to internet usage. It is great to know that cities like Chandigarh are using Google Search for their smallest of requirements.”
Menon also touched upon the top Search trends that majority of people including Chandigarh search for most using Google Trends.
“From Education to travel to yoga,these are the top searches,” he said,adding that Google Trends is a tool that shows what people are searching for in a country or in a given period of time.