Google India has launched a campaign which is aimed at simplifying the web for the country’s internet users.
“The objective of the campaign is to help simplify the Web for Indian users,showing how they can get instant answers to their most common queries,” Sandeep Menon,Director,Marketing,Google India,said here.
STOCK MARKETS LINKS
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He said that as more Indians come online for the first time,they are increasingly looking for convenient ways to find information on the web.
“Whether it is to find out about the weather,checking flight status,or even looking for a restaurant for dinner date,Google Search can give users instant answers to these common queries in the form of information cards that appear above search results,” he said.
With more and more Indians surfing the internet using their mobile phones,Menon said,”today the next billion users are making the leap from no internet to mobile internet,without ever having used a desktop computer.”
Terming the youth of the city net-savvy,he said,”it is in fact quite fascinating to see an overwhelming response from the youth dominated Chandigarh populace who have readily embraced the technology in their lifestyle. Chandigarh is believed to be one of the top cities when it comes to internet usage. It is great to know that cities like Chandigarh are using Google Search for their smallest of requirements.”
Menon also touched upon the top Search trends that majority of people including Chandigarh search for most using Google Trends.
“From Education to travel to yoga,these are the top searches,” he said,adding that Google Trends is a tool that shows what people are searching for in a country or in a given period of time.