Months after it was first launched, Google is taking its HWGO (Helping Women Get Online) initiative further by getting Koreant tech major Samsung to facilitate internet access for women. As part of the partnership, Samsung will offer six months of data free to every woman who purchases a low-cost Samsung device in Tamil Nadu. The offer will soon o be extended to Nagpur.
Google associate Women Weavers’ organisation has meanwhile launched Internet carts with web-enabled devices and collaterals offering information on how to use internet to rural parts of Madhya Pradesh where women find it difficult to travel for training sessions.
The hwgo website, available in Hindi, English, Tamil and Marathi, has also played its part by trying to be a gateway to the Internet for first-time woman users by providing learning modules and curated content.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen