You can now mail someone whose email address you don’t have. It is as simple as that. It also means you will get mail from people not in your address book.
Google on Friday announced a change in its policies which allows you to mail people you know but don’t know the email address of. “Starting this week, when you’re composing a new email, Gmail will suggest your Google+ connections as recipients, even if you haven’t exchanged email addresses yet,” said a post from Google. However, a mail send like this will land in your Social category and not the main inbox.
“Emailing Google+ connections works a bit differently to protect the privacy of email addresses,” says the post, explaining how privacy will be maintained. “Your email address isn’t visible to your Google+ connections until you send them an email, and their email addresses are not visible to you until they respond,” it adds.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The mail specifies that “only after you respond or add them to your circles, can they start another conversation with you”.
However, users can control whether people can reach you with a new setting in Gmail on the desktop. It lets you decide who gets to mails you — everyone on Google+, extended circles, circles or no one.