By Rohit Arora
99Games has launched a game based on the Walt Disney movie Million Dollar Arm which hit cinemas in India last week.
The point and shoot game offers a 3D interface to aim and hit baseball gloves in time bounded levels. The game play consists of minimal controls with tap and hold option to grab baseballs and aim them on the continuous changing targets that include baseball gloves hidden behind rotating wheels or glasses.
Launch the game and you will quickly be directed on a series of timed competitive levels with continuous increasing complexity to hit the target with a nice background music. Keep hitting the targets as one single miss can end your game.
The game succeeds in holding you for initial minutes with its hard to miss targets and limited time levels. I achieved 10 shots on a single go, and it took a little while to maintain a grip on targets.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
There is not much for social connectivity, however, the game provides a Leader board where you can share your score on Facebook and compete with friends or other players worldwide.
I did not encounter any lag and the game felt pretty smooth with no such glitches.
The game does not give the option to customise your character, change playground or background music which is a disappointment. Plus, the developers seemed to have missed the task of integrating the game with the movie and I could not find any link other than baseball.
If you are a baseball fan and looking for a simple point and shoot game to pass your time without any fuss of in-app purchases then this is a good try. So grab the ball, wait for the target shoot to claim your million dollar arm.
Good graphics with just 62MB on device storage
Easy and fun to play
Nice background music
Not much options to explore
Gets boring after a while
Lack of different modes
Missing link with movie