By Rohit Arora
99Games has launched a game based on the Walt Disney movie Million Dollar Arm which hit cinemas in India last week.
The point and shoot game offers a 3D interface to aim and hit baseball gloves in time bounded levels. The game play consists of minimal controls with tap and hold option to grab baseballs and aim them on the continuous changing targets that include baseball gloves hidden behind rotating wheels or glasses.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Launch the game and you will quickly be directed on a series of timed competitive levels with continuous increasing complexity to hit the target with a nice background music. Keep hitting the targets as one single miss can end your game.
The game succeeds in holding you for initial minutes with its hard to miss targets and limited time levels. I achieved 10 shots on a single go, and it took a little while to maintain a grip on targets.
There is not much for social connectivity, however, the game provides a Leader board where you can share your score on Facebook and compete with friends or other players worldwide.
I did not encounter any lag and the game felt pretty smooth with no such glitches.
The game does not give the option to customise your character, change playground or background music which is a disappointment. Plus, the developers seemed to have missed the task of integrating the game with the movie and I could not find any link other than baseball.
If you are a baseball fan and looking for a simple point and shoot game to pass your time without any fuss of in-app purchases then this is a good try. So grab the ball, wait for the target shoot to claim your million dollar arm.
Good graphics with just 62MB on device storage
Easy and fun to play
Nice background music
Not much options to explore
Gets boring after a while
Lack of different modes
Missing link with movie