This bird won’t flap anymore. The creator of hit mobile game Flappy Bird has removed it from the App Store and Google Play saying it had ruined his life.
The game, which was uploaded in 2013 but only surged to the top in downloads earlier this year, was removed early Monday. By then its creator Nguyen Ha Dong was raking in over $50,000 a day in advertising revenue.
The 29-uear-old from Hanoi wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the Internet sensation caused by the game “ruins my simple life” and he now hated it.
However, there have been claims that Dong was using tricks to artificially increase downloads for his incredibly tough game.
The take down is also an indicator that is becoming increasingly tough for single app developers to manage successful games that require regular updates and tracking of analytics to keep pace with the thousands of users who are playing the game at any given point of time.
It could also mean that the developer had made enough money for him not to be really bothered about the success of this game anymore. After all, not everyone wants to create an Angry Birds franchise. It would have been difficult for Nguyen to maintain this game if he wanted to start working on another.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, if this game was really all that successful, it is highly unlikely that he would have just killed it. This only suggests that there was something really gone with either the game or the numbers it reportedly had. Don’t be surprised if you read more about this game and its developer in the coming days.
As for the game, you can still get it from some locations online. But it might not be really worth it.