The market for wearable bands is picking up like never before. According to research firm Canalys, 2.7 million wearable bands shipped worldwide in the first quarter of 2014. But the really interesting nugget here is that Fitbit holds 50 per cent market share in this, poweered by its domination of the basic bands segment. Pebble was ahead in the smart wearable bands segemnt with a 35 per cent market share.
Jawbone grew in the basic band segement even was Nike’s share dropped to 10% as the sales of its FuelBand took a hit in sales. Nike is thinking of canceling future FuelBand products, as company’s focus shifts to fitness software and the Nike+ community.
Canalys expects market shares in the smart band segment to change frequently as new products are released throughout 2014. “Pebble Technology launched the Pebble Steel and the Pebble appstore and grew at a healthy rate during Q1, managing to achieve smart band market leadership for the quarter with a 35% share of worldwide shipments, ahead of both Sony and Samsung,” said Chris Jones, VP and Principal Analyst.
“Our quarterly estimates showed that total smart band shipments fell short of half a million units. This is largely because Samsung’s shipments were down dramatically quarter on quarter as it had strong sell-in for Q4 and then cleared inventory in preparation for its Gear product refresh in early Q2. The company must make some big steps to improve sell-through and customer satisfaction with its new products,” he added.
Sony was placed ahead of Samsung with a 29% market share. The Japanese tech giant is expected to push this number up with its aggressive strategy of pushing its new wearable band in countries like India.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More