Bike manufactureres in India seem to be associating themselves with superheros and cartoon characters to drive the kids bicycle segment in India. A few days after Indian bicycle brand Hero unveiled their Disney and Marvel comics-branded bicycles featuring iconic characters like Mickey Mouse and Spiderman, Firefox bikes on Monday launched Warner Bros co-branded kids bike with superheros and cartoon characters like Batman, Superman, Tom & Jerry and Tweety.
The international tie-up with Warner Bros is a step in the right direction for Firefox, as the brand believes that cartoon characters resonate with kids in a big way. “Kids grow up watching these characters evolve and they leave a huge imprint in their lives. Our aim is to engage kids right at the start when they learn to ride a bicycle and into adulthood, where they take up cycling as an active part of their lifestyle,” says Shiv Inder Singh, Managing Director, Firefox Bikes.
But the central idea behind their association with superheros and cartoons, Singh says, is to drive home the point that health and physical fitness should be an inseparable part of children’s lifestyle. “The lifestyle shift needs to take place during childhood. Superheros and cartoon characters will only serve as an added inspiration for kids to opt for biking instead of playing video games at home,” adds Singh.
The kids bicycle segment is growing at 15 per cent annually, making it one of the fastest growing markets in India. Firefox Bikes plans to sell around 10,000 Warner Bros bikes this year.
The bikes come with a price tag of Rs 6,140 and Rs 7,520. It will be available in blue, red and orange colour.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched