Each week we bring you the best tech reads from around the web. This weeks readings are centered on 2014 Tech Predictions,Apples iBeacon Love,Candy Crush Saga,3D Printing,NSAs surveillance and lots more. Happy Reading!
1. Top 10 Predictions for Technology in 2014: Mark Anderson needs no recognition. In this piece,he predicts the future of technology in 2014.
2. Candy Crush Saga reaches new heights as designer explains its success: Success story of Candy Crush Saga explained by its designer Tommy Palm.
3. Motorolas Project Ara Modular Prototype Almost Ready,CEO says: TechnoBuffalos Jacob Klienman details the progress in Motorola
4. Tech Companies Unite against NSA spying: The Atlantics CONOR FRIEDERSDORF writes about the open letter seeking strict limits on government surveillance.
Bonus link to NSA defends global cellphone tracking as legal.
5. Apple Has A New Way To Watch You While You Shop And It Could Soon Be Everywhere: Julie Bort writes about Apples adoption of iBeacon technology for Business Insider.
Bonus link to another Apple story.
6. Watch out,Google. Vuzix smart glasses sell for $1000: Finally there is a Google Glass competitor and Lance Whitney writes about Vuzixs smartglass M100 and how the $500 price difference can play in Vuzixs favor.
7. Obama Says Everyone Should Learn How to Hack: Klint Finley of Wired writes about the significance of Coding and President Obamas message to young Americans encouraging them to start programming.
8. The Worlds First 3-D Printed Car seeks Funding To Become A Showroom Reality: Ben Schiller elaborates Jim Kors plans to go crowdfunding way to make the worlds first 3D printed car a showroom reality.
9. Samsung tries to silence report of Galaxy S4 catching fire: Last but not the least,the revelation of Samsung silencing a user whose Galaxy S4 caught fire has not gone well with the media and The Inquirer puts the story to Page.
– Compiled by Karthekayan Iyer,a Mumbai-based geek and aspiring tech writing writer