The 64-and-a-half-hour countdown for the launch of PSLV-C22,carrying India’s first dedicated navigation satellite IRNSS-1A on July 1,began today at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota,some 80 km from here.
“The 64-and-a-half-hour countdown for the launch of PSLV-C22,which will carry IRNSS-1A started this morning at 7.11 AM. We are on schedule and everything is normal,” ISRO spokesman Deviprasad Karnik told PTI.
ISRO said the satellite,with navigation and ranging payloads,would provide accurate positional information to users as well as the whole region extending up to 1500 km from its boundary.
IRNSS-1A has already been mounted on an ‘XL’ version of the launch vehicle,ISRO’s 24th mission of a PSLV.
RNSS-1A,which will be launched at 11.41 PM on July 1,is one of seven satellites constituting the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) space segment.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest