The BlackBerry Z3, the first full touchscreen budget phone from the Canadian smartphone maker, could be hitting Indian stores in a couple of weeks, it is learnt. The new Jakarta version of the phone started selling in Indonesia from May 16 and got great response.
The phone was manufactured primarily for the Indonesian market, where BlackBerry is still very popular. Indonesia and India are pretty much the last volume market of the company.
The Z3, a 5-inch touchscreen phone running the new BlackBerry 10 Operating System version 10.2.1, is the first to produced in partnership with Taiwan’s Foxconn, the world’s largest electronics contract manufacturer.
This is why the Z3 will have a very attractive price. Based on the price in Indonesia, we estimate the phone to be priced around Rs 11,000. BlackBerry might even try and recapture its lost market by pricing the phone under Rs 10,000.
It is likely that BlackBerry will try and woo those upgrading to an affordable phablet with its new offering. However, the paucity of apps and the competition from Android devices, could deter new buyers. One positive for the company is the fact that you can now get Android apps to run on the devices running its latest OS version from third-party app stores. However, this does not have a hundred per cent success rate and the Canadian company itself does not trumpet this feature all that much.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Z3 could also be BlackBerry’s last tryst with a full touchscreen device. The company has already announced its intention to bring back QWERTY in future devices. Whether it mass produces another full touch device will depend to a large extend on the success of this phone.
OS: BlackBerry 10.2.1 OS
PROCESSOR: Dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400
WEIGHT: 164 grams
DISPLAY: 5-inch qHD (960×540 pixels) 220ppi
STORAGE: 8GB expandable up to 32GB using a microSD card
CAMERA: 5MP rear/ 1.1MP front