Chipmaker AMD on Wednesday released for the component channel its new AM1 platform featuring quad-core and dual-core variants of the AMD Kabini APU developmed in India. Branded AMD Athlon and AMD Sempron, the AM1 platform will deliver go a long way in reducing the cost of ownership of computers and broad basing the company’s reach.
AMD’s Director of Marketing Gabe Gravning told IndianExpress.com that the platform comes with a very good feature set and enables a number of new form factors like small form desktops and hometheatre PCs. “It is the first time that we bring a true system on a chip (SoC) to the socket. This gives flexibility to channel partners and end users to upgrade or choose from any of the seven motherboards,” he added.
Gravning said the processors have all of the latest technology from AMD, including SteadyVideo, post processing and Quick Stream. These will also have a lower power consumption with a maximum thermal design power (TDP) of 25W.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
With prices starting as low as $34, the range could also trigger the manufacture of desktops that could potentially cost as low as Rs 10,000 per unit. “The key piece on this platform is the price point and the value that we bring to the market. The price point of the platform is very aggressive, but that is combined with very good performance,” Gravning added.
AMD said the first lot of the products have reached India and will be opened up for channels by the end of this week.