Chipmaker AMD on Wednesday released for the component channel its new AM1 platform featuring quad-core and dual-core variants of the AMD Kabini APU developmed in India. Branded AMD Athlon and AMD Sempron, the AM1 platform will deliver go a long way in reducing the cost of ownership of computers and broad basing the company’s reach.
AMD’s Director of Marketing Gabe Gravning told IndianExpress.com that the platform comes with a very good feature set and enables a number of new form factors like small form desktops and hometheatre PCs. “It is the first time that we bring a true system on a chip (SoC) to the socket. This gives flexibility to channel partners and end users to upgrade or choose from any of the seven motherboards,” he added.
Gravning said the processors have all of the latest technology from AMD, including SteadyVideo, post processing and Quick Stream. These will also have a lower power consumption with a maximum thermal design power (TDP) of 25W.
With prices starting as low as $34, the range could also trigger the manufacture of desktops that could potentially cost as low as Rs 10,000 per unit. “The key piece on this platform is the price point and the value that we bring to the market. The price point of the platform is very aggressive, but that is combined with very good performance,” Gravning added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
AMD said the first lot of the products have reached India and will be opened up for channels by the end of this week.