Airtel has launched 4G services in Bangalore, but limited it to those using the latest Apple iPhones, the 5c and the 5s. India’s largest private telecom operator, says its services will enable users in India’s tech capital to stream high definition video with zero buffering. while these are 4G services, the Apple iPhone users have the added advantage of having to pay only 3G rates for the same.
Customers will have to upgrade to a 4G SIM to enjoy the higher speeds, but will not have to change their existing data plan, Airtel said. The company claims the speeds will be so fast that you can download 10 movies in less than 30 minutes and use the wi-fi hotspot features in these phones effectively connecting multiple devices to the network.
Customers on 2G/GPRS data plans/packs can opt for any of the 3G plans/packs available and enjoy 4G speeds, Airtel said. For heavy data users there is a new plan offering 10 GB of data at 4G speeds for Rs 1,000. However, remember that at 4G speeds, you can exhaust this limit within a few hours if not careful.
Incidentally, the company said that while data browsing will be on 4G network, voice calls will be routed on 2G/3G with the CSFB (circuit switched fall back) technology.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016