Google has introduced several tweaks in its Drive for both web and mobile apps. Google Drive has a new desktop interface. The updated UI includes a unified “New” button for both creating new documents and uploading files.
Other changes include a streamlined grid view, a list of recently used folders, an incoming view that shows the files that have been shared, a simplified toolbar, better ways to select files, a new look for the “details and activity” sidebar.
Most users might have taken these updates for granted. However, here are 10 cool new features in Google Drive:
1) Plus someone into a comment- While adding comments in a Doc, Sheet or Slide, type + and the person’s email address to send an email notification that a comment has been directed at them.
2) File sharing- Press the blue “Share” button at the top of a Doc, Sheet, or Slide to share the particular file instead of sending it as an email attachment. You can choose to share your file with specific individuals, anyone with the link, or make it public on the web. Also, you can even decide how much access others get: view-only, comment-only, or the ability to edit the file directly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
3) Offline mode- You can view, create, and edit docs, sheets, and slides without Internet connectivity. All your changes will automatically be updated the next time you connect to the Internet.
4) Finding someone on doc- A new update from Google allows you to be taken directly to where the cursor of some other user is in the document just by clicking on the profile picture at the top of the document. You do not need to scroll to find someone now.
5) Bookmarks individual sections- To do so, place your cursor at the place you want to bookmark and then click “Bookmark” under the “Insert” menu.
6) Office compatibility mode- Apart from converting Office files to Docs, you can now directly edit the file in Office Compatibility Mode in Google Docs and send it back in the original format.
7) Revision history- This feature helps you to recall something you wrote in a previous version of your document, but can’t remember exactly what it was. Go to ‘File’ and ‘See revision history’ to see previous changes made to the document and by whom. You can even restore a previous version of the file.
8) Shortcuts & Add-ons- Type Ctrl + / to see a full list of the different keyboard shortcuts in Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Click the “Add-ons” menu at the top of a Doc or Sheet to check out what’s available.
9) Pride- In a Google Sheet, type the letters of the word “pride”, one letter in each column, to get a colourful look.
10) Mirror image: Hit the following sequence of keys in a new Google Doc: up arrow, up arrow, down arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow, left arrow, right arrow, b, a, enter. You’ll get the mirror image of whatever you type.