UE Roll is a small-disc shaped wireless Bluetooth speakers by Ultimate Ears, which is waterproof and comes with an attach-and-go cord so that you can use this anywhere. So take it for a hike, hanging from your backpack, or let it hang out near the pool; though why someone would want to do that is beyond my understanding.
UE Roll, priced at Rs 8495, is definitely one of the more surprising Bluetooth speakers you’ll come across in the market. For starters, don’t let the small, disc-shaped size confuse you about its capabilities.
The sound-quality on these is definitely top-notch considering the size of the speaker; the beats are really prominent even if you don’t have the music on full and when you do, the sound is loud enough to get your party going. In my opinion, you don’t really need another speaker at a house party, if you’re got these. The music will be loud enough and it doesn’t jar.
There’s also a UE Roll Android and iOS app, and the first time you connect your Bluetooth speaker to a device, it will ask you to download the app. In my case I didn’t, and just stuck with the regular Apple Music app which works fine for me. However, the app lets you add a Bass Jump mode, which actually does make a difference to levels. You can set up custom equaliser modes on the app, which audiophiles might like to do. You can also set music-based alarms via the app.
While the company has not specified the battery life for the UE Roll, it should easily last you for more than a day. I had this speaker on all day in house from 9 in the morning to the late afternoon with several playlists on repeat, while I did my annual house cleaning and so far the battery has not died.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
I could not take these for a swim due to the cold (also wondering why anyone would), but the speakers worked fine even after I poured a bottle of water on it. The water just rolled off the speakers. If you are exposing it to water though, I would suggest that you keep the back flap for the micro-USB charging and the 3.5 mm jack firmly locked.
The one thing I definitely don’t like about this speaker is the colour scheme. We got the orange one with blue and maroon patterns on it and it’s just an odd colour combination. As someone else remarked, it reminds one of the crochet work by grandmothers, and frankly that’s not a flattering comment. I would have been happy with a boring black or white colour scheme for this speaker.
Also the fact that you have to find a spot to hang the speaker somewhere is not particularly convenient. There has to be an option for a stand or some other support in the back, because not everyone will look for a place to set-up a speaker. This bungee-cord option doesn’t really come across as practical to me.
Should you buy?
If you like good-quality music the UE Roll is definitely worth its price. The sound quality is loud, this is a waterproof speaker and it won’t take up a lot of space.