UE Roll is a small-disc shaped wireless Bluetooth speakers by Ultimate Ears, which is waterproof and comes with an attach-and-go cord so that you can use this anywhere. So take it for a hike, hanging from your backpack, or let it hang out near the pool; though why someone would want to do that is beyond my understanding.
UE Roll, priced at Rs 8495, is definitely one of the more surprising Bluetooth speakers you’ll come across in the market. For starters, don’t let the small, disc-shaped size confuse you about its capabilities.
The sound-quality on these is definitely top-notch considering the size of the speaker; the beats are really prominent even if you don’t have the music on full and when you do, the sound is loud enough to get your party going. In my opinion, you don’t really need another speaker at a house party, if you’re got these. The music will be loud enough and it doesn’t jar.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
There’s also a UE Roll Android and iOS app, and the first time you connect your Bluetooth speaker to a device, it will ask you to download the app. In my case I didn’t, and just stuck with the regular Apple Music app which works fine for me. However, the app lets you add a Bass Jump mode, which actually does make a difference to levels. You can set up custom equaliser modes on the app, which audiophiles might like to do. You can also set music-based alarms via the app.
While the company has not specified the battery life for the UE Roll, it should easily last you for more than a day. I had this speaker on all day in house from 9 in the morning to the late afternoon with several playlists on repeat, while I did my annual house cleaning and so far the battery has not died.
I could not take these for a swim due to the cold (also wondering why anyone would), but the speakers worked fine even after I poured a bottle of water on it. The water just rolled off the speakers. If you are exposing it to water though, I would suggest that you keep the back flap for the micro-USB charging and the 3.5 mm jack firmly locked.
The one thing I definitely don’t like about this speaker is the colour scheme. We got the orange one with blue and maroon patterns on it and it’s just an odd colour combination. As someone else remarked, it reminds one of the crochet work by grandmothers, and frankly that’s not a flattering comment. I would have been happy with a boring black or white colour scheme for this speaker.
Also the fact that you have to find a spot to hang the speaker somewhere is not particularly convenient. There has to be an option for a stand or some other support in the back, because not everyone will look for a place to set-up a speaker. This bungee-cord option doesn’t really come across as practical to me.
Should you buy?
If you like good-quality music the UE Roll is definitely worth its price. The sound quality is loud, this is a waterproof speaker and it won’t take up a lot of space.