We have all been hearing about the Internet of Things (IoT) for a few years now. In fact, we have been hearing a bit too much about this new revolutionary segment in technology without actually getting use anything useful in the IoT space. However, that might be changing finally. Among the first, and most affordable, IoT devices to be available to us are LED lights that do your becoming. And they are becoming more affordable.
Reos Lite Smart LED bulb
Smart LED bulbs are nothing new or innovative. They have been there for at least year thanks to Philips Hue which is getting popular around the world. However, Philips Hue is not really affordable and unless you are the party type, or a photographer who experiments with lights, it won’t make much sense. But Reos Lite from Cube26 brings smart LED lights to price range where it can be a simple indulgence that you end up buying on a whim.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Price: Rs 1,699
Watch all our tech videos below
Set up is really easy. All you have do is download the Reos Lile app and let the phone connect to the LED bulb, which has to be on a holder by then, via BlueTooth. The app will search for the LED bulb and let you control it fully, including switching off remotely.
What can you do
The app lets you change the colours on the bulb using a full colour palette, which means you have millions of colours to play with. Then there are some presets you can use like candle lights, Christmas mood and reading light. You can adjust the intensity of all the presets. There is also the option of adjusting the lights according to the colours of a photograph, even one you have just clicked with the app. There is also a companion Reos Music app that will let you make the lights dance with to your music or entire playlist.
As is clear from above, this LED smart bulb is just the thing for party animals. Others can use it to delight their five-year-olds for a few minutes or to set up a nice soft light for reading — which otherwise, as a single function bulb, costs about Rs 50 apiece. However, the set up and controls are as easy as it can be and at the end of the day, this is not a very expensive way to step into the world of IoT.
So should you buy?
Yes, if you like having fun and are an early adopter of technology. This also makes for a good buy for those who have a house, office establishment where mood lighting can be put to good use. The Reos Lite is really versatile and easy to use. Go on, have some fun.