If you ever built a PC on your own there is a fair chance that it had a Corsair power supply unit. Corsair has been building PC peripherals for more than a decade now and has of late started offering gaming peripherals.
A good gaming headphone need not do much, other than deliver the right combination of comfort and sound. A mix of great design will always add value to the offering. Corsair believes its VOID RGB SE is that offering.
Corsair VOID RGB SE
Gaming peripherals are highly personal devices since they are going to be worn by the user for really long periods of time. When not in use, it’s going to lie around your neck which mandates it to be highly comfortable.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Corsair VOID RGB SE comes in black matte design and a limited edition yellow colour. They are extremely personalised with LED lighting and a software to adjust the settings.
Corsair has taken care to choose good materials for premium comfort, so is this the ideal sounding machine for gamers? Let’s find out in our review
Price: Rs 10,999
What is good?
Gaming Headphones are not just meant to be used at home, these are something you will carry around for LAN game parties and even as a basic headphones. So without any doubt they should look great and would be cool if they looked funky. Corsair VOID RGB SE fits into the latter.
Our review unit came in limited edition yellow and black color variant and they look unlike anything else in the market. For those who don’t like yellow, there is another matte black colour option which is definitely one good looking piece of gadget. Corsair has also added some other neat elements to the design mix. There are constantly changing LEDs which look beautiful while using these headphones in dark conditions. Also the mic comes with two LEDs which indicate the status — neat and thoughtful addition.
Corsair VOID RGB SE surpassed my expectations in the department of sound too. It’s an ideal headphone when it comes to gaming. I never thought I would be able to differentiate between the engine sound of Lamborghini and Maserati so distinctively while playing NFS. They both are mean machines and they sound very mean too.
Corsair VOID RGB SE Gaming headphone stood out while I tried playing Battlefield 4 and Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare. From a gunshot to a sniper’s move, this one makes it sound crystal clear. Surely you won’t miss the enemy shooting at your back next time.
Apart from sound, comfort is of utmost importance with any gaming headphone. You are going to wear them for really long periods. I must say, Corsair VOID RGB SE doesn’t disappoint. The Corsair VOID RGB SE sports a soft padding on the head band and ear cups which are nice and the ear cups are connected by metal forks. The ear cups can be swiveled back when not in use. These are one of the most comfortable gaming headphones one can buy.
Corsair has also managed to design the mic really well. It works brilliantly while communicating with another team member during the gameplay and it’s also usable for Skype calls.
What is not good?
While it’s great for gaming, this isn’t an obvious choice for music or video. The lower notes don’t sound vivid and there is excessive leak when playing something with high bass.
Corsair VOID RGB SE is not a pure bluetooth headphone. It uses a proprietary dongle to pair with a desktop. I think Corsair should have avoided the dongle by adding bluetooth to the headphone directly something Logitech has already achieved.
Also, the RGB lights don’t really serve a purpose if you are playing alone.
Should you buy?
Corsair VOID RGB SE Gaming headphone is undoubtedly one of the best money can buy. It sounds extremely pure while gaming and it’s mic is an ideal add-on for multiplayer games.
A marathon gamer would find this as a perfect companion. But if you are more into casual gaming, then it would be better to look for something cheaper than this one.