It seems YouTube was down for some users for the first time in ages. YouTube, world’s biggest video-sharing platform suffered a brief outage today.
The reason for the outage is not clear but The Next Web reports, the issue could be related to certain servers and the outage may not be a global one.
YouTube’s site during the downtime displayed an error code with a follow-up line saying, “Sorry, something went wrong. A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation” reports The Register.
- YouTube pulled down over 8 million videos during Oct-Dec 2017
- Twitter recovers after global outage affected India, US, UK, Japan
- YouTube shooter’s bizarre videos key to suspected motive
- WhatsApp faces global outage for a few hours, service now back online
- Twitter suffers brief outage in India
- YouTube ‘Smart Offline’ feature starts rolling out in India
The website might have gone down for a brief moment but it seems to be back online now. YouTube, the largest repository for videos online, had recently launched its offline video feature.
YouTube had recently launched an updated save offline feature for Indian users which allowed people to save video during night hours over data networks to take advantage of cheaper data cost.
While YouTube’s downtime was relatively short, we are yet to get any official information from Google.