Xiaomi India says it has sold more than a 1 million smartphones in 18 days in the country. Xiaomi’s own Diwali sale started from October 17, and continues today with a limited number of phones being offered at Re 1 each day. October has also seen sales on major e-commerce sites like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, and given Xiaomi’s online model it’s not surprising the company is seeing a boost in sales.
Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun has written an open note on the company’s Facebook India page, congratulating the Mi India team for this performance. He writes in the letter, “A big round of thanks to Manu and Hugo for their outstanding leadership, to everyone at Mi India for their dedication, and to the business teams in China for their support. I am extremely proud of each one of you! I would also like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to all our partners in India, especially Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal, for their support.”
Xiaomi had an 8.4 per cent market share in India’s top 30 cities for the month of September 2016, according to IDC. Xiaomi also says its Redmi Note 3 became the best-selling device in the online market as the company has sold over 2.3 million devices sold in six months since it was launched.
Xiaomi’s CEO ends his letter saying, “I am confident that with the sustained efforts of our entire Xiaomi family, we will be able to capture the largest market share in India within 3-5 years! Mi India, let’s make history together!”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Xiaomi is not yet in the top five smartphone manufacturers overall in India, if one goes by the last set of IDC data, with Samsung, Micromax and Lenovo occupying the top three slots. However, the company has renewed its India focus and launched a slew of phones from Redmi Note 3, Mi 5, Redmi 3S Prime, and Mi Max. Xiaomi also entered the home appliances segment in India with the launch of its new Mi Air Purifier 2, which is priced at Rs 9,999.
In India, the Redmi Note 3 as emerged a winner in the Rs 10,000-Rs 15,000 budget segment, but that price bracket also grown increasingly competitive with phones like Le 2, Lenovo’s Vibe K4 , K5 Note, Moto G4, Moto G4 Play, Samsung J series and On 7, On 4 Pro as well. Xiaomi has plans to expand into the offline space as well, and introduced the Redmi 3S Plus exclusively this market. We’ll have to wait and see if the latest sales success changes Xiaomi’s overall ranking in IDC’s next data sheet.