Apple’s new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus come with a 3D Touch feature on the screen, which brings features like Peek and Pop to apps. App developers can use the feature to allow users to choose a certain function like say post a picture, share a photo on the app or add a new post from the app icon itself.
Facebook-owned Instagram was among the first third-party apps to add support for the new 3D Touch feature. Now Facebook and WhatsApp have also got 3D Touch support.
- Apple stops signing older versions of iOS 11: Report
- Apple iOS 11.3 preview is here: How to download, install, and new features
- Apple iOS 11.3 preview is here with new features: To show users battery health
- Apple’s apology letter for slowing old iPhones: Everything to know about the battery saga
- Apple faces lawsuits in US for slowing down old iPhones: All you need to know
- Facebook to bring more 3D Touch support to its iOS app soon: report
WhatsApp on iTunes mentions the new update and says that users can “now quickly Peek and Pop pictures, videos, links, contact cards, and locations,” they send and receive in chats.
Facebook has also rolled out an update for the iOS app with 3D Touch report, says 9to5Mac. The options let users update their Facebook status, capture a video or photo or share one that is on the phone.
Other third-party apps that support the 3D Touch Display are Dropbox, Pinterest, WeChat and Shazam.
Dropbox with 3D Touch lets users search, access recent document or images and upload files from within the app icon itself. In Pinterest app, 3D Touch can be used to create a new board or check trending boards from the app icon.