Vodafone subscribers flying out of Indira Gandhi International Airport here will get complimentary data up to 1GB with the aerodrome operator DIAL rolling out high-speed Wi-Fi services on Tuesday, in association with the private telecom company.
The Wi-Fi zone at IGI Airport, spread over 6 lakh square metres, is the largest in the country, DIAL said in a release.
Watch What Else is Making news
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The launch of free services for Vodafone 3G and 4G prepaid and postpaid customers at the country’s busiest airport comes following the successful trials runs, which lasted for over three months,” Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL), the joint venture firm which runs the Delhi airport, said.
IGIA handles about one lakh in-bound and outbound travellers every day.
The IGI Airport is India’s only airport to offer such value-added service wherein fliers, who use Vodafone services, can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi facilities at both terminals of the airport, the release said.
Vodafone also plans to set up help booths and kiosks at both domestic and international terminals to enable travellers access Vodafone Wi-Fi facility, according to the release.
“DIAL has enabled mobile data offload service platform at the airport that promises to make internet access on mobile devices both fast and simple. Our strong partnership with Vodafone shall also ensure airport customers get to experience the best quality internet service using Airport’s robust Wi-Fi network, the largest single Wi-Fi hotspot in India,” DIAL Chief Executive Officer I Prabhakara Rao said.
As part of the offer, Vodafone customers going in for a 1GB and 2GB internet pack (3G or 4G) will get 1GB free Wi-Fi data which can be used at the Wi-Fi zone at the IGI Airport or any other Wi-Fi zone powered by Vodafone.
The free 1GB Wi-Fi offer is also applicable on Vodafone U recharges of 1GB and above, it added.
To avail the facility, travellers using Vodafone mobile services just need to click once on the Wi-Fi connect option in the My Vodafone Application for seamless connectivity, the release said, adding Vodafone customers wanting to connect to Wi-Fi using laptops or tablets need to select ‘VodafoneWiFi’ from the list of available networks and login by generating a one-time password.
“With customer needs evolving from voice to data, Wi-Fi is an effective technology to provide seamless connectivity to a large group of consumers in a defined space. Over one lakh inbound and outbound travellers use the IGI Airport each day. Our endeavour to offer Wi-Fi at the airport, will keep these travellers confidently connected on multiple devices, while they are transiting,” Vodafone India’s director for commercial Sandeep Kataria said.