Vodafone has introduced 4G SIM cards in Delhi NCR as it gears up to roll out the high speed mobile internet services in the region soon.
“We want to make the transition to 4G smooth and seamless for our 10 million customers in Delhi & NCR. We want them to be 4G-ready so that they start experiencing the benefits of high speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially,” Apoorva Mehrotra, Business Head–Delhi & NCR, Vodafone India said in a statement. Customers who are upgrading to 4G-Ready SIMs will be rewarded with free 1GB 4G internet, at the time of launch.
“A formal announcement regarding the launch, which is expected soon, will be made in due course,” the statement said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The SIM cards will be given to Vodafone customers for free with an exchange process. With the new 4G SIM, Vodafone customers will be automatically upgraded to 4G as soon as the services are launched commercially, provided they have 4G-enabled handset.
The 4G will be launched in 1800 Mhz band which the company won in March 2015 spectrum auction. Vodafone has already launched 4G in Kerala and Mysuru in Karnataka. The services will be launched in Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru by March 2016.