Chinese handset-manufacturer Vivo on Wednesday said its new manufacturing plant in Noida will be operational in 3-4 months.
“Our 3 lakh square feet Noida facility will start operations in three-to-four months and by the end of the year will look at hiring 2,000 people. The plant will have the ability to produce one million handsets by the end of next year,” Jerome Chen, deputy general manager at Vivo India, said.
Chen also claimed that the company would be investing Rs.125 crore by the end of the year in India.
- CES 2018: Vivo to showcase world's first smartphone with in-display fingerprint scanner
- Samsung undisputed India handset market leader, registers Rs 34k cr revenue
- Vivo V7 review: Just like the V7 Plus, but with a smaller display
- Xiaomi competition not a worry, more focus on customer experience: Vivo
- Oppo’s second manufacturing plant to come up in Noida next year
- #MakeInIndia: Vivo inaugurates its first manufacturing unit in Greater Noida
Talking about competition, Chen said”We are in India, as the country is spectating a massive growth smartphone users. We are not focusing on competition but, on our core competencies like music,is designed to woo consumers and give them maximum satisfaction.”
Vivo is more concerned about avoiding big mistakes in our strategy. “We aim to sell two million smartphones in India this year and six million handsets by the end of the next year,” he added.
Vivo, which is one of the top three players in China in terms of revenue, also launched the 4G LTE enabled X5 Pro smartphone at Rs 27,980.
Interestingly, the company has skipped the eye scanner which can be found on the Chinese version of the smartphone.
The device, which sports a 1.5GHz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor and a 2GB RAM unit, will come with 16 GB ROM and an expandable memory of 128 GB. The phone will run on Android Lollipop at the base with Vivo’s Funtouch operating system 2.1 on top.
The smartphone, which will have a 13-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front camera, will come with a 2,450 mAH battery, dual SIM slots and a 5.2-inch super AMOLED full HD display.