Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge) Manoj Sinha, along with other telecom ministry officials, on November 1 will take a review meeting with top executives of telecom companies who will apprise him of call drop situation in the country, particularly in the context of the 100-day plan submitted by the operators in June.
“We will review (the plan), it will be stock taking and roadmap for the future,” said JS Deepak telecom secretary. Telecom companies including Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio, Idea Cellular and Vodafone India, in June, had committed to invest Rs 12,000 crore and installing 60,000 new mobile sites, or base transceiver stations to improve quality of service, which would in deal with the call drop situation. One such review meeting happened in July as well by when the companies said they had set up 48,000 sites.
The operators had also promised several technological measures to better the call drop situation such as automation of nearly 1.50 lakh existing towers. The Centre had also said it would work with the local authorities and resident welfare associations to make it conducive for the service providers to establish new towers.
“We believe, as per Trai figures, there had been a lot of improvement on call drops. From 54 networks that were not performing up to standard in October 2015, now it’s down to 19,” Deepak told reporters on Friday.
Although, for providing poor quality of services, earlier this month the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) had recommended a fine of Rs 3,050 crore on three telecom operators — Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India, and Idea Cellular. According to government officials, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has set up a committee to look into the penalty suggested by the sector regulator for violating licence conditions that caused inconvenience to the consumers.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest