Reliance Jio to install 45,000 mobile towers in 6 months

The source said that RJIL informed Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha that it has already invested Rs 1.6 lakh crore in the networks and installed 2.82 lakh base stations across the country.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Published:November 2, 2016 8:17 pm
Reliance Jio, Reliance Jio towers, Telecom sectro news, latest news, Tech news, National news,  Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio “Jio said that it has made all effort to provide good consumer experience but non-availability of point of interconnection from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea has led to high call failure rate on its network.,” said the source.

Telecom operator Reliance Jio Infocomm will install around 45,000 mobile towers in the next six months to boost its 4G network. “Reliance Jio in meeting with Telecom Minister (Manoj Sinha) has committed to installing (rpt) installing 45,000 mobile towers in next six months to further strengthen its network. The company has said that it has plans to invest Rs 1 lakh crore over a period of 4 years and the new towers are part of this investment,” an official source told PTI.

Watch What Else is Making News

No immediate comments were received from Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) on the matter.

The source said that RJIL informed minister that it has already invested Rs 1.6 lakh crore in the networks and installed 2.82 lakh base stations across the country covering 18,000 cities and 2 lakh villages.

“Jio said that it has made all effort to provide good consumer experience but non-availability of point of interconnection from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea has led to high call failure rate on its network. Minister (Sinha) then directed telecom operators to resolve PoI issue among themselves at the earliest,” the source said.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has recommended to impose Rs 3,050 crore penalty on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular holding them responsible for congestion in RJIL network.

Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio attended a meeting called by Trai on Tuesday to resolve interconnection issue.

The meeting, which lasted for more than two hours, was attended by Bharti Airtel MD and CEO Gopal Vittal, Vodafone India MD and CEO Sunil Sood, Idea MD and CEO Himanshu Kapania and Reliance Jio Director Mahendra Nahata.

Trai Chairman RS Sharma asked them to mutually resolve interconnection issue at the earliest and warned action against those found liable for poor service quality benchmark around network congestion, call drop etc.

The incumbent operators received no respite from Trai on penalty of Rs 3,050 crore recommended by it.

According to sources, Sharma asked them to look at present and future plan of action to resolve quality issue in networks.

For all the latest Technology News, download Indian Express App

Shyam singh
    Jun 19, 2017 at 6:41 am
    Sir hamko 2000sq feet plot me tower install karana he add village Dundahera jila Ghaziabad 201009 U.P my Mobil no 09582959094 please call karna
      SK MANTAJ
      Jun 18, 2017 at 7:30 am
      Dear Sir/Madam I have No Coverage of jio so we want to Installation of a 4g jio or aircel,idea,Vodafone tower in my area Raigar,P.S-Barabazar, Purulia District,State -west Bengal,Pin code-723153, We have more land in my house and farm for tower . So please provide people are waiting jio network. My Contact number- 9679773553,9933506613, My land map 2500-3000 sq. ft.
        manish kumar
        Jun 15, 2017 at 10:10 pm
        Manish kumar vishwakarma i want install tower on my plot on luckhnow barabanki dewa road please contact me at 7839391064
          Sanju
          Jun 14, 2017 at 6:40 am
          Amara vilage ma jio ke range nahi ati es lea ma apka tower lagavana chata hoo ples call me 9728900408
            sanju bhardwaj
            Jun 18, 2017 at 7:59 am
            Dr s.r sanju Bhardwaj I want install tower on my plot on mar rod sivbihar colony Kamla Nagar Kosi Kalan .the.chha .mathura.ples call me sr mb.no 9045134653
            Sanju
            Jun 14, 2017 at 6:36 am
            Ma apka tower lagavana haa ples call me 9728900408
              mo aarisi
              Jun 14, 2017 at 3:00 am
              Nagla rai post charthawal city mzn
                Debajit Pathak
                Jun 11, 2017 at 10:33 pm
                I want to installatinon reliance tower on my plot,Debajit Pathak,Ahujangrant,po-Madhab Nagar,dist-Sivasagar ,785681,Assam
                1. J
                  jahid hussain
                  Jun 10, 2017 at 3:00 pm
                  Sir mujhe apne yaha tawar install karana hai village mujhiyana post singha taheseel datagang disttic budaun up pin 243402 more.9927729625 9258408546