Reliance Jio to install 45,000 mobile towers in 6 months

The source said that RJIL informed Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha that it has already invested Rs 1.6 lakh crore in the networks and installed 2.82 lakh base stations across the country.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Published:November 2, 2016 8:17 pm
Reliance Jio, Reliance Jio towers, Telecom sectro news, latest news, Tech news, National news,  Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio “Jio said that it has made all effort to provide good consumer experience but non-availability of point of interconnection from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea has led to high call failure rate on its network.,” said the source.

Telecom operator Reliance Jio Infocomm will install around 45,000 mobile towers in the next six months to boost its 4G network. “Reliance Jio in meeting with Telecom Minister (Manoj Sinha) has committed to installing (rpt) installing 45,000 mobile towers in next six months to further strengthen its network. The company has said that it has plans to invest Rs 1 lakh crore over a period of 4 years and the new towers are part of this investment,” an official source told PTI.

Watch What Else is Making News

No immediate comments were received from Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (RJIL) on the matter.

The source said that RJIL informed minister that it has already invested Rs 1.6 lakh crore in the networks and installed 2.82 lakh base stations across the country covering 18,000 cities and 2 lakh villages.

“Jio said that it has made all effort to provide good consumer experience but non-availability of point of interconnection from Airtel, Vodafone and Idea has led to high call failure rate on its network. Minister (Sinha) then directed telecom operators to resolve PoI issue among themselves at the earliest,” the source said.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has recommended to impose Rs 3,050 crore penalty on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular holding them responsible for congestion in RJIL network.

Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio attended a meeting called by Trai on Tuesday to resolve interconnection issue.

The meeting, which lasted for more than two hours, was attended by Bharti Airtel MD and CEO Gopal Vittal, Vodafone India MD and CEO Sunil Sood, Idea MD and CEO Himanshu Kapania and Reliance Jio Director Mahendra Nahata.

Trai Chairman RS Sharma asked them to mutually resolve interconnection issue at the earliest and warned action against those found liable for poor service quality benchmark around network congestion, call drop etc.

The incumbent operators received no respite from Trai on penalty of Rs 3,050 crore recommended by it.

According to sources, Sharma asked them to look at present and future plan of action to resolve quality issue in networks.

For all the latest Tech News, download Indian Express App now

Aamir
    Apr 23, 2017 at 11:09 pm
    Sar mujhe tawar lagwan hai mere contakte no 8127037347
      Deepak Chauhan
      Apr 23, 2017 at 8:53 pm
      Sar apni jamin me tawar lagaana chahta hu Address Dhamaul pakribarwa dist nawada pincod 805101 (Bihar) mobile no 7004559051,9939663079
        Satnam singh sidhu
        Apr 23, 2017 at 7:36 pm
        My name Satnam my father's 5000scfeet land in agra Bombay national highway purmepaada Dhule Maharashtra.
        1. B
          Bikasha Bhoi
          Apr 23, 2017 at 2:28 pm
          Sir mere ghar ki chhat ki uper me jio network lagane chahata hnu mere adress At-biswanathdeuli,post-dubaipur,dist-puri,odisha Mobile no-7381354457
            Raja Zaidi
            Apr 23, 2017 at 11:39 am
            Hii Mujhe apne home ki chat p tower lagwana h Plz contect Raja zaidi 9634173532 Dehra dun Utrakhand 248001
              rakesh bundela
              Apr 22, 2017 at 4:48 pm
              sir me ujjain ka rhne wala hu mere pas 2 plot he khali mujhe apne plot pr tawar lg wana he 9907574070 mera cont. no, he plg call me rakesh bundela
                Devilal
                Apr 22, 2017 at 4:35 pm
                Sir mujhe apni jamin par relince jio tower Lagvana he.mere village me jio network Bilkul nahi he. Or kisi bhi company ka Tower nahi he. VPO. Rampura Bishnoian Teh Goriwala Dist sirsa/ Haryana. Pin 125103 MOB 9068730399
                  Rajendra Devada
                  Apr 21, 2017 at 9:44 pm
                  Namaste sir Rajendra Devada, , Chokhi MP ke Indore district se Mhow Tehsil se Manpur Nagar Panchayat Mehta , Sharmaji Tower lagwana hai jo ki bahut is General lagwana hai thanks sir......
                    Rajendra Devada
                    Apr 21, 2017 at 9:45 pm
                    8085181851
                  2. N
                    Nilesh shewale
                    Apr 21, 2017 at 9:13 pm
                    I have installation Jio Tower. Jotibanilshewale@gmail 9561670600
                      sami
                      Apr 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm
                      Sir i have installation tower my contact no 8283090306
                        amit kumar verma
                        Apr 20, 2017 at 2:31 pm
                        amit kumar verma vill post keora milki jila-ballia u.p. s mere rod k kinare jmil h e jio ka tawr lgwana h mo.n 9889527238
                          AMIT KUMAR SINGH
                          Apr 20, 2017 at 11:05 am
                          Sir,I have place for jio tower installations.there are no any jio tower and network.my plots addresses are as follow-(1) village post-kharouni,thana-bansdih,dist-ballia(up).(2) village-parikhara,post-tikhampur,dist-ballia(up),. Mob no-7725920680;9452934333
                          1. J
                            Jitendra kumar thakur
                            Apr 20, 2017 at 9:46 am
                            Sir I have place for jio tower installation My address:-vill-banamati po-kursakanta Dist-araria-854331 (bihar) Plz..contact me my phone no-9771079198 There r have no jio tower and network
                              aman kumar
                              Apr 20, 2017 at 9:14 am
                              Sir I have place for jio tower installation there have no jio tower and jio network my adress- vill-Tirhu a tola,post-tika chhapar,ward no-11,dist-west champaran,state-Bihar,pin no-845450, mobile no-7759889415,9801481822
                              1. N
                                NILMONI SAMUI
                                Apr 20, 2017 at 7:39 am
                                NILMONI SAMUI Apr 20, 2017 at 7:33am 07:33 pm Sir I have place for Jio tower installation.my address dist-HOOGHLY 71/3 RAM SITA GHAT STREET BHARDA KALI pls contact me my phone number9051469658. There r have no Jio tower
                                1. I
                                  INDRAJEET KUMAR YADAV
                                  Apr 20, 2017 at 12:10 am
                                  Sir My name is Indrajeet kumar. Mai apne papa ke nam se jio 4g mobile tower lagwana chahata hu. Place pura hai Address- vill post- Rampur sareya. PS-Darauli. Dis-Siwan.State-Bihar pincoad-841234 Contact No. 07761996542
                                    surender
                                    Apr 19, 2017 at 11:13 pm
                                    Sir gm i am surender me aapni jamin par mobile tower lagana chahta hoo my mob 9805531341add distt sirmour teh city, paunta sahib HP 172530
                                      Ravindra ahirwar
                                      Apr 19, 2017 at 7:51 pm
                                      07:37 pm Sir I have place for Jio tower installation.my address dist-sagar vill- nanakward nai basti bina , post-bina, pin-470113 pls contact me my phone number 8463079168. There r have no Jio tower
                                      1. H
                                        harpal singh
                                        Apr 19, 2017 at 6:16 pm
                                        sir i have sufficient space for jio tower in machhiwara (ludhiana) plz contect me 8528525478
                                        1. L
                                          lavkush meena
                                          Apr 19, 2017 at 3:49 pm
                                          Sir i have place for jio tower installation my address vill pawta post tetpure thshel kathumar dist alwar raj rajshthan pin 321605 pls contact my phone number 8209830784 9057864989 there r have no jio tower
                                            suvendu hazra
                                            Apr 19, 2017 at 12:37 pm
                                            Sir I have place for Jio tower installation.my address dist -bardwan vill- bigrah , post -bhatar, westbengal pin 713127 pls contact me my phone number 9547799030. There r have no Jio tower