Reliance Jio Infocomm, the telecom venture of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Sunday launched its 4G services for its employees in what is seen as a soft launch before these services are expected to be rolled out early next year.
4G, or fourth generation services offers significantly faster data transfer speeds on wireless networks and enables high definition voice and real time video conferencing. Bharti Airtel Ltd and Vodafone India Ltd have already started offering this service in some cities while Idea Cellular Ltd is expected to launch it in March. Reliance Jio’s commercial rollout of service will only begin from March-April 2016.
Reliance plans to offer its services through an all-LTE (Long Term Evolution) network- its voice services will be through the so-called VoLTE (voice over LTE).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“India and Indians cannot afford to be left behind in this new world. India is ranked around 150 in the Internet and mobile broadband penetration out of 230 countries,Jio is conceived to change this.1.3 billion Indians cannot be left behind as the world enters a new era,” RIL chairman, Mukesh Ambani said in a statement issued by the company.
“We have the youngest population in the world. Give them the tools. Give them the skills. Give them the environment. They will surprise us. It is this opportunity to transform the lives of our 1.3 billion Indians that motivated Reliance to enter this space. And Jio is the result. Jio will help advance and realise the potential of every Indian and India,” the statement said.