Reliance Jio Infocomm, the telecom venture of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) on Sunday launched its 4G services for its employees in what is seen as a soft launch before these services are expected to be rolled out early next year.
4G, or fourth generation services offers significantly faster data transfer speeds on wireless networks and enables high definition voice and real time video conferencing. Bharti Airtel Ltd and Vodafone India Ltd have already started offering this service in some cities while Idea Cellular Ltd is expected to launch it in March. Reliance Jio’s commercial rollout of service will only begin from March-April 2016.
Reliance plans to offer its services through an all-LTE (Long Term Evolution) network- its voice services will be through the so-called VoLTE (voice over LTE).
“India and Indians cannot afford to be left behind in this new world. India is ranked around 150 in the Internet and mobile broadband penetration out of 230 countries,Jio is conceived to change this.1.3 billion Indians cannot be left behind as the world enters a new era,” RIL chairman, Mukesh Ambani said in a statement issued by the company.
“We have the youngest population in the world. Give them the tools. Give them the skills. Give them the environment. They will surprise us. It is this opportunity to transform the lives of our 1.3 billion Indians that motivated Reliance to enter this space. And Jio is the result. Jio will help advance and realise the potential of every Indian and India,” the statement said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016