Watching videos on Opera Mini just got easier with its video boost feature. Opera Mini has now integrated the video optimization technology on its platform to reduce the time taken by videos to load. This basically means that users will be able to stream videos quickly without having to constantly stare at the YouTube buffering circle.
The video boost feature for Android is available free on Google Play Store. With video boost, Opera reduces the size of video data, thus delaying the buffer time and lags. Also, users can view a lot more videos within their limited mobile data plan.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“In India alone, 70% of smartphone users stream video on their phones. Unfortunately, this eats up data plans quickly, and stalled videos waste time and create frustration. Opera Mini for Android comes to the rescue with video boost. It works to make the video sizes smaller serving up slimmer mobile videos and keeping data plans in check. If you love to watch videos on your Android device, but hate getting surprises on your data bill, it’s time to switch browsers,” says Sunil Kamath, Vice President, South Asia & South East Asia at Opera.
To enable video boost feature, users need to first change the savings summary to high-savings mode in Opera Mini 15. The video boost option appears just below the high-savings option, which need to be enabled. The feature also allow them to keep a track of the number of videos they have viewed.
The high-savings mode automatically turns off data compression after it detects a Wi-Fi connection. The new Opera Mini 15 now also allows re-sizing images before uploading to web and comes with a thumbscroller feature for easy navigation.