Watching videos on Opera Mini just got easier with its video boost feature. Opera Mini has now integrated the video optimization technology on its platform to reduce the time taken by videos to load. This basically means that users will be able to stream videos quickly without having to constantly stare at the YouTube buffering circle.
The video boost feature for Android is available free on Google Play Store. With video boost, Opera reduces the size of video data, thus delaying the buffer time and lags. Also, users can view a lot more videos within their limited mobile data plan.
“In India alone, 70% of smartphone users stream video on their phones. Unfortunately, this eats up data plans quickly, and stalled videos waste time and create frustration. Opera Mini for Android comes to the rescue with video boost. It works to make the video sizes smaller serving up slimmer mobile videos and keeping data plans in check. If you love to watch videos on your Android device, but hate getting surprises on your data bill, it’s time to switch browsers,” says Sunil Kamath, Vice President, South Asia & South East Asia at Opera.
To enable video boost feature, users need to first change the savings summary to high-savings mode in Opera Mini 15. The video boost option appears just below the high-savings option, which need to be enabled. The feature also allow them to keep a track of the number of videos they have viewed.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The high-savings mode automatically turns off data compression after it detects a Wi-Fi connection. The new Opera Mini 15 now also allows re-sizing images before uploading to web and comes with a thumbscroller feature for easy navigation.