MobiKwik has followed the hyper-local path with a new ‘Explore Nearby’ feature in the app, which will allow users to find neighbourhood stores, restaurants, cafes that accept payments from the digital wallet. This is part of MobiKwik’s online-to-offline strategy, similar on the lines of what we have seen from Paytm.
MobiKwik has partnered with Big Bazaar, WHSmith India, Archies, and Barista, Sagar Ratna, etc for the new hyper-local feature.
MobiKwik says it has more than 10,000 partner retail stores, and these will now be visible to the users on the ‘Explore Nearby’ tab. Users can also view existing offers at these outlets, and pay via MobiKwik to redeem them.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The feature will also help users locate the nearest cash-loading point for topping up their wallet balance.
“With the Explore Nearby feature we are connecting offline retail stores with over 30 million users on our platform. Be it for purchasing grocery at your corner store or a family dinner at your local restaurant, the wallet now makes it easier for you to discover, shop and dine at MobiKwik supported merchants in your vicinity. Offline stores can now attract MobiKwik users depending on their location and preferences resulting in higher sales.” said Bipin Preet Singh, Founder-CEO of MobiKwik in a press statement.
The ‘Explore Nearby’ feature is currently live on MobiKwik Android app, and is expected to be rolled out for iOS and Windows versions as well.