Microsoft Windows 10’s final build for Insiders (Build 10240) is now out for those who are part of the Insider program. Microsoft made the announcement in an official blogpost.
The company wrote that the “builds from here on will only be available through Windows Update.” Users can go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check to get the new Build and and update. A user will need to be logged in with their Microsoft Account in order to receive the build.
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available to all
- Microsoft issues emergency Windows update for Intel, AMD, ARM processor bug
- Microsoft Edge now out of preview on iOS, Android: Available for download
- Microsoft releases Fall Creators Update for over 500 million Windows 10 devices
- Microsoft Edge browser comes to Android and iOS; Launcher for Android
- Microsoft Windows 10 Insider preview users will get final build for free
The blogpost also notes that Microsoft Edge is 112% percent faster than Google Chrome. Edge is the new Internet browser in Windows 10 and will replace Microsoft’s good old Internet Explorer, which has faced a lot of criticism in the past.
Of course these number need to taken with a pinch of salt since Microsoft is releasing them. Windows 10 rolls out on July 29. The company is expected to get it ready to manufacturing (RTM) this week for OEMs as well by the end of this week.