Microsoft was one of the initial partners during the Apple iPad Pro launch. The company took to the stage alongside Apple’s Phil Schiller to demonstrate it’s Office productivity tool undermining the fact that iPad Pro is direct competitor to Surface Pro range of devices. But the bonhomie has not lasted long.
Now, Microsoft thinks the iPad Pro is little more than a companion device. Dan Laycock, asenior communications manager for Surface at Microsoft, used CES 2016 to take it out on the iPad Pro, saying it was nothing more than a companion device, unlike the Surface Pro which was more of a computer in the true sense.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to Forbes, he said that while Surface Pro 4 can handle desktop class applications like Adobe Premiere, on the Apple iPad Pro there is only a lite version called Adobe Fix. Microsoft says the Surface Pro is a full PC while iPad Pro isn’t a computer. Laycock suggested that while Apple made a stylus called Pencil for the iPad Pro, developers are yet to take great advantage of it.
“At one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure. We’re a huge believer in the pen; we know our customers love it. So to see Apple do something that feels a little bit similar, that is clearly skewed for a bigger screen, and more productivity built in, and the ability to use a pen. We don’t see it as a one-to-one comparison, because this is a full PC, you’re running full apps,” he was quoted as saying.
In India, both these devices will be selling at the same time and competing with each other. Watch this space for more.