Oracle has announced plans to expand campuses outside the US and will open one in Bengaluru as part of the ‘Make in India’ campaign. The company will also launch 9 incubation centres throughout India, and train more than half a million students each year to develop computer science skills.
“India now represents our second largest employee base outside of the United States, with nearly 40,000 current employees and an additional 2,000 current job openings. We are investing over $400 million USD in Bengaluru, opening 9 incubation centers, and training half a million students each year during this expansion phase to support India’s tremendous growth. We ‘Make in India’ for the rest of the world,” said Oracle CEO Safra Catz.
The Oracle India campus will be spread over a huge 2.8 million square feet, and will be largest outside its headquarters in Redwood Shores, California. The buildings will include collaboration centers, workstations, and large spaces in addition to entertainment lounges, gyms, a basketball court, open green spaces, and cafes.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The nine Incubation Centers will contribute to country’s “Start-up India” initiative. These will help start-ups grow by providing software, tools, and training to new software and technology companies utilising Java and the Oracle platform. The centres will be located in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Mumbai , Noida, Pune, Trivandrum and Oracle Academy Expansion.
“I’m particularly excited about the incubation centers which will house substantial software and technology capabilities, tools, and training to help launch new technology startups built utilizing Java and the Oracle platform,” said Catz.