Samsung lead the Indian smartphone market, with its devices accounting for around a quarter, according to Canalys. The market saw a double-digit percentage increase in shipments, despite declines from some significant players like Lava and Intex.
Micromax smartphone shipments fell due to inventory build-up in its distribution network, said Canalys. Also local players like Intex, Karbonn and Lava all suffered sequential declines in shipments. “Local players are finding it tough to compete with global vendors on product quality, making it hard for them to push products into higher price bands,” said Canalys Mobility Analyst Rushabh Doshi.
“In addition, Chinese vendors, such as Vivo and Xiaomi, continue to make inroads with low-cost LTE smart phones. The growing importance of online retail has lowered barriers to entry, enabling vendors to grow quickly without having to invest time and resources in building a complex sales channel. Chinese vendors are instead investing heavily in marketing, building brand recognition and cementing their place in the market,” Doshi said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016