LeEco has aggressive targets for India: Top 3 for smartphones, No 1 in Internet sales

LeEco -- the Chinese Internet company formerly called LeTv -- sees itself in the top-three companies for smartphones in India by the end of this year.

Written by Nandagopal Rajan | Updated: February 16, 2016 12:12 pm
Le 1s, LeEco Le 1s sale, LeEco, Le 1s flash sale, Le 1s Flipkart, Le 1s price, Le 1s video, Le 1s specs, Le 1s features, Le 1s offers, smartphones, technology, technology news LeEco wants to be in the top-three smartphone companies in India by the end of the year.

The latest smartphone entrant in the Indian market, LeEco — the Chinese Internet company formerly called LeTv — sees itself in the top-three companies for smartphones in India by the end of this year.

On a high after the first flash sales of its Rs 10,999 Le 1s smartphone, Atul Jain, COO of Smart Electronics Business, LeEco India, told IndianExpress.com: “In India, we want to be among the top-three smartphone brands in the next one year. I think this is a pretty aggressive target. But going by how things are changing in the tech world, I am not really worried about whether we will be able to achieve this or not.”

Watch Video | LeEco Le 1s Video Review: The best phone in this range

The company was launched last year in China, and has already sold over 4 million smartphones and 3 million televisions in its home market. “We are the number 1 online brand in China,” Jain said. The company aims to be the number 1 in the online business in India too within six months. “But for now we will stick to Flipkart as our exclusive online partner. Our long term goal is to have an offline presence through our own stores and partners.”

The big differentiator for the company will be its four pronged offering of devices, content, cloud and platform. “The devices are just the first part of our ecosystem. There are many device companies, but the devices are moving to a zero-profit zone. We are also selling in those ranges and our bill of costs is public. Any player who is limited to devices will eventually find the going tough.”

Le 1s, LeEco Le 1s sale, LeEco, Le 1s flash sale, Le 1s Flipkart, Le 1s price, Le 1s video, Le 1s specs, Le 1s features, Le 1s offers, smartphones, technology, technology news Atul Jain, the India COO of LeEco.

LeEco is certain that there is no money to be made by being a pure device player. “The era of making only devices is gone. If you think you are a pure devices player in a certain segment, the hyper competition will mean you are soon struggling to make any money. It is an unviable option and the only way to go is to offer what the consumer wants on his device,” Jain elaborates.

The company claims the 70,000 units it sold of the Le 1s in its first flash sale is a new record for India. However, he does not see this phone as being its only driver. “The volumes will come from the Le 1s which has a sweet price of around Rs 11,000. The Le 1s will be a big driver for us, but it will not be the only one as we will have other devices coming in soon.”

Jain says since the brand change came about only in January the phones still have the LeTV branding, but the phones being manufactured now won’t have that issue. “We made the change in January to incorporate our new corporate vision. In India, the lead time is almost 12-16 weeks so these phones were obviously made before the brand change was made.”

Stay tuned for a full interview with Atul Jain

Also read: LeEco Le 1s first impressions: The new standard in budget premium smartphone?

Watch our first look video of Le 1s

For all the latest Technology News, download Indian Express App

K Devi
    Feb 13, 2017 at 10:12 am
    This is very worst mobile
    1. J
      Joshua
      Feb 9, 2016 at 9:16 am
      Dump all Chinese products in India. ***off.
      1. H
        Harmindar
        Oct 13, 2016 at 5:59 pm
        I would like to bring to the notice of Mr Atul Jain CEO LeEco through your portal as he needs to understand “What is After s Service / Customer Service and Why” as service of LeEco India is too horrible. For more details please check on Google and see how LeEco is playing with emotions of their innocent customers. Sorry to say that no one has kind heart for these mentally hared customers...lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Mr. Atul Jain Customers are the ets of every business. s professionals must try their level best to satisfy customers for them to come back again to their organization. After s service refers to various processes which make sure customers are satisfied with the products and services of the organization. The needs and demands of the customers must be fulfilled for them to spread a positive word of mouth. In the current scenario, positive word of mouth plays an important role in promoting bs and products. Makes sure products and services meet or surp the expectations of the customers. Includes various activities to find out whether the customer is happy with the products or not? It’s a crucial aspect of s management and must not be ignored. It plays an important role in customer satisfaction and customer retention. It generates loyal customers. Customers start believing in the b and get ociated with the organization for a longer duration. They speak well about the organization and its products. A satisfied and happy customer brings more individuals and eventually more revenues for the organization.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;So Finally After s Service plays a pivotal role in strengthening the bond between the organization and customers.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Actually On 1st Oct, my wife Isha, purchased the mobile Le Max2 from the LeMall official website vide Order No 4071933489019.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;On 3rd Oct, I’ve received a sealed Le Max2 Mobile from Blue Dart Courier and found that the accessory i.e. Power Adapter and Data Cable is missing except phone unit with it's manual. Immediately I called LeMall Customer Care to bring this issue to their notice and have done request to dispatch the missing accessories. The Le Executive told me that they cannot send the accessories due to Terms and Conditions of LeMall so company will replace the w unit and asked me to send email at so I've sent the email to LeMall for replacement.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;On 4th Oct, I've called Customer Care and explained to LeMall Executive that I've to insure this mobile but the insurance company allow their customers only 5 days from invoice date to insure the handset so issue the latest bill but LeMall Executive refused to do so.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;At last resultant to irresponsible service of LeEco, I’ve bought the Le Max2 from Flipkart as after so many email and phone calls, haven’t received any positive response from LeMall Care regarding replacement. Then I’ve sent the email regarding Return and Refund and generate Return request at LeMall website which is showing still pending till date.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;On 5th Oct, I’ve called LeEco care and talked to Executives Ananksha and Abhishek and came to know that they have forwarded my issue to concerned department as they are going to arrange reverse pick up very soon. They asked me to wait for 24 Hours to 48 Hours. I’ve requested them that I’m travelling with my wife to London on 12th Oct so please arrange reverse pickup before that.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;After wait of more than 48 Hours, on 8th Oct, I've called Customer Care to know the status regarding Return and Refund as no one has picked the handset. The LeMall Executive confirmed me that he has generated the reverse pickup so someone from their courier partner Blue Dart, will definitely collect the mobile before 2PM. Then around at 2 PM, I went to Blue Dart Courier office to handover the Le Max 2 but courier refused to receive as there was no request from LeMall regarding this. Then at 02:07 PM, again I've called Customer Care and talked to Mr. Mayank. He has created new scene by saying that Company LeMall can dispatch the Missing Accessories without any issue. I was shocked from his statement then I asked Mr. Mayank, if LeMall can dispatch the missing stuff then why other Executive refused to do so on 3rd October and asked me to send email and generate replacement request at LeMall website. Moreover Mr. Mayank asked me to get Scan Report from Blue Dart Courier, stating that what exactly courier has received from LeMall Warehouse and what they have delivered to customer.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Mr Avinash, Manager from Blue Dart Courier, refused to give Scan Report as there is no such a system as this kind of Scan Report only available at Airport Area and he has sent mail to all concerned authorities to look into this matter.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Then again at 04:25 PM, I have a word with LeMall Executive Mr. Anirudh and explained all the facts regarding Scan Report. He ured me that definitely I'll get a call with solutions from his senior officer but haven't received any call till date.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;On 9th Oct, I came to New Delhi with my wife as we have to take flight for London. Afterwards my apartment will be locked and I won't be able to receive and handover anything. The phone is lying safe with my mother as she is residing in the same building and her contact number is 7206005504.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;On 12th Oct, no positive response from LeMall Care till date as LeEco’s Executives have made so many false commitments.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Now my query to Mr. Atul Jain CEO LeEco that what wrong I've done? Please take disciplinary action against the concerned person or department.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;You are therefore requested to do the needful and look into this matter seriously. Please arrange the Reverse Pickup and Refund the amount back to bank account at the earliest. I shall be thankful to your prompt and positive response. Thanks...lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Regardslt;br/gt;Harmindar Bablt;br/gt;63, Macaulay Road, London E6 3BJ
        1. J
          jitender
          Feb 8, 2016 at 10:34 am
          I nead li eco li 1s mobail fone
          1. G
            g kanakaraju
            Feb 10, 2016 at 7:35 am
            letv 1s mobile is manufacture is good but very poor camera s u want clear camera go for another one
              Rahul
              Feb 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
              Dear Team, What is going on during booking?????? Today when I was booked it at 12PM on flipkart it was gone to cart but in cart it was showing OUT OF STOCK. Dnt knw why u compony team doing show off.....
              Rahul
              Feb 9, 2016 at 6:45 am
              ok I am ready to buy from you
                Sweta
                Feb 10, 2016 at 6:55 pm
                Hi.Sweta here.. I wanted to buy Leco le tv 1 s mob yesterday.. As soon as the timer stopped I did buy now, but next sec it said out of stock.. I was ready with all details but couldn't buy., cn sm1 advise y this happened? wt is required to buy immediately.. Thanx in advance