The Government will offer full support to Chinese companies who want to set up mobile manufacturing plants in India to tap the country’s growing handset market, an official said. The official said there would be clearly differentiated field for those who look “India only as a market” and those who choose to partner with Indian firms.
“There is unprecedented opportunity in this space between Chinese manufacturers and Indian companies. For those who are willing to come in and partner us in India, we will offer every kind of support whether it be at central government or at state government level,” Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) Secretary, Aruna Sundararajan, said on Sunday.
She was speaking at the second ‘India China Mobile Phone and Accessories Manufacturing Summit’.
“We would welcome partners who will come and manufacture in India. There will be clearly differentiated field for those who look India only as a market and those who choose to partner with us in India,” Sundararajan said.
She further said, India is at present a 280-million smartphone market and the government has a goal that every Indian should have an access to smartphone.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“You will find extremely supportive and welcoming environment. You will find enough industry partners who will guide you through and make sure that you find India a profitable and rewarding state to do business,” Sundararajan said.
India is now one of the fastest growing economies and there are stable policies which are making the country a vibrant destination for investments, she said.
The comments come at a time when Indians on social media platform are calling for boycott of Chinese products because of support rendered by China to Pakistan.
When asked about calls for boycott of Chinese products on social media, Sundararajan said, “Quality, safety and security are paramount. Beyond that I don’t think it is fair to take stand.”
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology Joint Director Meenakshi Rai Bhatia said that around 7,000 acres of land are available across 18 states for companies to set up their factories in India.
Indian mobile industry body Indian Cellular Association (ICA) said that government is making sincere effort to develop mobile manufacturing eco-system in the country and learning same from China.
When Chinese investors asked for pace of setting up business in India, ICA National President Pankaj Mohindroo said that it varies from state to state with Uttar Pradesh being a slow in terms of clearances and state like Haryana working at fast pace with ‘deer’ kind speed.
Chinese companies Holitech and Wind Communications expressed interest in expanding their business in India.