Google has announced that it will shut down Picasa and will redirect users to try Google Photos for all their photo sharing needs.
Google says all of the photos and videos from Picasa Web albums will be automatically available on Google Photos when users log in with their account. For those who don’t wish to use Google Photos, the search giants will be creating a new place to access Picasa Web Albums data.
Google has also announced that it will stop support for Picasa desktop application from March 15, 2016. The Google blogpost reads, “As of March 15, 2016, we will no longer be supporting the Picasa desktop application. For those who have already downloaded this—or choose to do so before this date—it will continue to work as it does today, but we will not be developing it further, and there will be no future updates.”
Google announced a radically redesigned Google Photos application late last year putting a question on the relevance of Picasa. Now finally Google has nailed it to coffin.
While none of the changes to Picasa will come right away, the limited support will be visible going forward. Of course Picasa is not the only ‘Google’ product to met its death in recent times. We’ve seen products like Buzz, Orkut get shut down.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More