Chinese smartphone manufacturer Gionee today announced its first smartphone made by Foxconn in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh in presence of Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu. Gionee claims to have sold over 7 million devices in the country so far and aims to double sales with domestic manufacturing.
“I am really happy to welcome Gionee in Andhra Pradesh. We will ensure that the company faces no hurdles in its Make in India initiative and will provide all the support,” said the Chief Minister.
“By 2020, electronics and hardware demand will be worth $400 billion in the country. Mobile phones will account for 38 per cent of this hardware demand. With so many companies starting their manufacturing journey in Sri City within a year, going forward I can assure Andhra Pradesh will become the hardware manufacturing hub. We are aiming to create the best ecosystem for local manufacturing with special emphasis on the necessary skill development,” added Mr. Naidu.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The company has partnered with Foxconn to manufacture its F and P series smartphones at the Sri City facility and F103 is first from the stable. Gionee has also partnered with Dixon to manufacture feature phones and other smartphones at its Delh-NCR facility.
- Gionee to set up its own manufacturing plant in India, says company CEO
- Gionee F103 Pro launched: Key specifications, price and features
- Gionee eyes 10 mn sales, reveals plans to make all phones in India by March 2016
- Andhra Pradesh fast turning into the mobile making capital of India
- Gionee to announce its first 'Made in India' smartphone on Monday
- #MakeInIndia: Xiaomi launches Redmi 2 Prime which is made in Andhra Pradesh
“Going forward we are looking at nurturing a local ecosystem for hardware manufacturing. We are helping several vendors to come to India. We have already invested Rs 300 crores in local manufacturing and will invest more in future to boost R&D for local software,” said Arvind Vohra, Country CEO & MD, Gionee India. The company will be investing $50 million over next three years for its Make in India plan.
“We would be working towards making India a manufacturing hub for not just local consumption but also for nearby countries. Also, with local manufacturing, we are now keen on making India centric products,” said William Lu, President, Gionee.
The F103 is a dual SIM 4G smartphone running Android Lollipop operating system with Gionee’s custom Amigo 3.0 interface. The smartphone features a 5-inch 720p HD IPS display with Dragontrail glass protection along with an 8MP A/F rear camera with LED Flash, 5MP front camera and a 2,400 mAh battery.
It is powered by a 64-bit 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 CPU with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 32GB. Powered by a 2,400 mAh battery, the device will be available in Pearl White, Dawn White and Black colour options at a price of Rs 9,999.