Flipkart has the most mobile traffic among e-commerce websites, according to data by SimilarWeb for December 2015.
Flipkart claims to have 47 per cent of mobile commerce traffic, with its Myntra app being second in place (16 per cent share), based on SimilarWeb’s data. If one were to combine Flipkart and Myntra, their total mobile traffic share is 63 per cent in India.
According to Flipkart, rival Amazon has only 15.86 per cent mobile traffic share, while Snadpeal has 13.84 per cent. F
lipkart also claims that it leads in total app installs with an install base of 37 per cent of total Android smartphone base in the country, and that if Myntra is included the share goes up to 47 per cent.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It should be noted that the data is based on comparing visits among top shopping apps only. Amazon and Snapdeal also have mobile websites, while Flipkart’s mobile website is only accessible via Chrome browser on Android and Myntra is an app-only portal. What this means is that the data is not including mobile website traffic, and is restricted to app-only traffic, so it is limited in a sense.
Of course even with app-only data, Flipkart and Myntra are claiming to have much more than 50 per cent of app-traffic share in the e-commerce market in India, which is a very big number.
Interestingly in December, Amazon announced that it was India’s most visited e-commerce website based on comScore data for September-October quarter. According to the comScore chart put out by Amazon, it had close to 30 million visitors in India by October 2015, just ahead of Flipkart and well ahead of Jabong and Snapdeal.
The SimilarWeb data appears to show a totally different scenario in the app-only space. Given that e-commerce is expected to grow in India over the years, and with smartphone growth continuing, we should get ready for more such battles around numbers over traffic.