Instead of getting buried in one of many web browser tabs that users have to switch to so they can text friends, the dedicated Messenger desktop app would be instantly accessible from the dock present on desktop, Tech Crunch reported on Saturday.
The news portal said it has obtained photographic evidence and an eyewitness report that Facebook employees are working on Facebook Messenger For Mac.
According to the eyewitness account and the photo, the app used by the employee included the Messenger logo as the icon in the app dock, and was named Messenger in the menu bar.
In the photo, it can be seen that the employee was working on app that includes a navigation tab bar in the bottom left. It matches the tab bar options in official Messenger for iOS mobile app, including “Recent, Groups, People, and Settings” menu.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The report said, the unofficial versions lack this tab bar.
Sources also confirmed that the employee was logged into Facebook’s internal portals further confirming they were on an official Messenger For Mac app that’s not available to the public.
Meanwhile, Facebook said, “We do not comment on rumour or speculation.”