VU Technologies has announced seven new television models at CES 2016 in their Iconium and Play series. The television sets will be available exclusively through Flipkart from this month.
The new Vu models in Play series start at Rs 11,000 while Iconium will be the more premium line starting at Rs 37,000 going up all the way to 1,20,000 with 4K resolution.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Vu Iconium series comes in five models ranging from 40 to 65-inch versions. All of these are smart TVs, which run a version of Android with software customisations from VU. The 43-inch 4K Smart will come with pre-loaded gesture control for gaming. The Play series will have two models – 32-inch and 48-inches screen size.
“Our brand is all about fulfilling aspirations, offering consumers the best designs, highest level of technology at highly competitive pricing. We are confident that customers will enjoy the superior and one-of-a-kind experience these new additions will offer them,” said Devita Saraf, CEO and Design Head of Vu Technologies in an interaction with IndianExpress.com.
The Vu CEO also pointed out that the company’s television sets would be Netflix ready and some models will have a dedicated Netflix and YouTube button on the remote.
On what makes Vu stand out, Saraf said that they instead of spending on big marketing, they’ve decided to focus on user experience.
- Vu announces limited edition premium UHD and curved TVs in India
- Vu TV launches PremiumSmart TVs with dedicated Netflix and YouTube buttons
- CES 2016: LG to introduce new premium Super UHD TV series
- Vu introduces two new series of television in 4K and Full HD range
- Vu launches 15 LED HD TVs starting at Rs 9000 onwards
- Launch: Vu's 4K UHD TVs to start at Rs 89,900
“People buy a Smart TV but don’t end up using it. We want them to use the Smart TV. For instance, we’ve have added the Smart Connect feature on mobile app as well and you can use that to use your TV. We have modules where people can learn how to use the Smart TV. On the after sales and services side, people can contact our team on WhatsApp if they have a problem,” says the Vu CEO.
Flipkart’s Amit Bansal, the Business Unit Head for Home Entertainment and Large Appliances, points out that the large electronics category has grown tremendously for them since its launch in September 2014.
“In Q4 of 2015, we shipped more TVs than any other other retailer in the country. When it comes to Smart TVs, India is currently what China was five years back and the market is very low. However, on Flipkart, we’ve seen that one in five televisions sold is a smart one,” said Bansal.
He added that Vu and Flipkart would continue their partnership for the next three years. According to Bansal, the new growth for the sales of TVs is coming from tier-II and tier-III customers.
“Flipkart is able to democratise the playing field for customers in these towns. For instance this Diwali, we shipped TVs even to the Northeast. We’ve seen growth in Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa, and these states are contributing in big numbers. A large part of growth in this segment is coming from these towns,” he said.
Flipkart and VU say they have an aggressive strategy for the India market and want to help grow the brand gain a 10 per cent market share.