Apple has just sent out invites for its next big launch event at its headquarters in Cupertino, California. The ‘Let us loop you in’ event is significant as it is expected to usher in a smaller, more affordable iPhone. The 4-inch phone is expected to be called the iPhone 5SE or simply the iPhone SE and will bring in some top end feature like the Touch ID fingerprint scanner.
This phone will be the Apple’s big bet for emerging markets like India. Apple has done well in China, but for further growth capture India is important. In India, Apple is still considered a premium phone with limited volumes. The iPhone SE could change that with a sun $300 price point.
The new smaller iPad Pro and iPad Air are also likely to be announced at the event. There could also be a new version of the Apple Watch OS and accessories.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The cryptic reference in the invite is a suggestion that the event will be held at the new Apple headquarters in Cupertino. Apple’s present address is 1, Infinite Loop. There are reports that the auditorium of the new doughnut-shaped headquarters is ready.
Watch this space for more updates.