Apple Music service now has over 11 million subscribers. The numbers were revealed by Apple executives Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi on Jon Gruber’s ‘The Talk Show’ podcast. Gruber runs daringfireball.net, which is known for its Apple scoops and insights.
Federighi and Cue spoke about how Apple’s Music service has close to 11 million subscribers, while iCloud has around 782 million users (including users with multiple devices). Apple’s VPs also revealed that iMessage sees around 200,000 messages being sent per second, which is a pretty big number.
The Apple executives also answered questions around criticism of Apple’s software, most notably raised by The Verge Executive Editor Walt Mossberg in a column recently. Apple’s Eddie Cue said that in Maps they have corrected over 2.5 million customer feedback issues, which is huge given the scale.
“I take it extremely seriously when a customer is not having the great experience they should. I know our core software quality has improved over the last 5 years, but the bar keeps going up. We have a billion active devices now…,” said Federighi during the interview.
When asked whether Apple was happy with the growth rate for Music services, Cue said that they were happy with the numbers so far. “It’s been good,” he said not dwelling much on the service other than revealing the magic 11 million number.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
It was also revealed that the App Store and iTunes stores sees over 750 million transactions every week. Apple execs didn’t reveal any number for Apple Pay although they said that ‘billions of dollars’ go through the service. You can here the full podcast here.
It’s rare for Apple execs to talk about numbers, especially around services in the media, and this is definitely one of the first instances where usage numbers for crucial services have been revealed.