Apple Music service now has over 11 million subscribers. The numbers were revealed by Apple executives Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi on Jon Gruber’s ‘The Talk Show’ podcast. Gruber runs daringfireball.net, which is known for its Apple scoops and insights.
Federighi and Cue spoke about how Apple’s Music service has close to 11 million subscribers, while iCloud has around 782 million users (including users with multiple devices). Apple’s VPs also revealed that iMessage sees around 200,000 messages being sent per second, which is a pretty big number.
The Apple executives also answered questions around criticism of Apple’s software, most notably raised by The Verge Executive Editor Walt Mossberg in a column recently. Apple’s Eddie Cue said that in Maps they have corrected over 2.5 million customer feedback issues, which is huge given the scale.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I take it extremely seriously when a customer is not having the great experience they should. I know our core software quality has improved over the last 5 years, but the bar keeps going up. We have a billion active devices now…,” said Federighi during the interview.
When asked whether Apple was happy with the growth rate for Music services, Cue said that they were happy with the numbers so far. “It’s been good,” he said not dwelling much on the service other than revealing the magic 11 million number.
It was also revealed that the App Store and iTunes stores sees over 750 million transactions every week. Apple execs didn’t reveal any number for Apple Pay although they said that ‘billions of dollars’ go through the service. You can here the full podcast here.
It’s rare for Apple execs to talk about numbers, especially around services in the media, and this is definitely one of the first instances where usage numbers for crucial services have been revealed.