Apple has confirmed that its next iPhone event will be held on March 21 at 1, Infinite Loop. Apple is expected to basically turn its big products into something small, and maybe there is ‘one more thing’ on the cards.
In all likelihood, there is an iPhone SE or iPhone 5Se, whatever Apple calls it. Apart from that, Apple will probably showcase a 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and may show some updated version of the Apple Watch. Apple Watch 2 is not expected at the event, but then who knows, it could be the wild-card at the event.
At the end of the day, it is an Apple event and it will never fall short of a surprise. We will know all of that and more on March 21 but for now, here is what we expect from Cupertino-based company
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For two consecutive years, Apple defied its own proposition that large phones have no significance. Apple’s smallest smartphone comes with a 4.7-inch display now, even though the iconic consumer technology once believed 4-inch should be the maximum size for any smartphone display.
When Apple announced its iPhone 6 in 2014, there were calls for a smaller iPhone with similar specs from people who owned iPhone 5s or older version. On March 21, Apple is expected to deliver on that call.
According to 9to5Mac, the smartphone will be called iPhone SE, and will feature a design similar to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s series. The 4-inch iPhone is expected to feature hardware similar to iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s, and may not be so cheap.
Apple is in the cusp of deciding its market preference. It has almost topped out in China, and sees India as the next major market. Apple could, in fact price it under $400 to make it an attractive proposition for its Indian audience.
9.7-inch iPad Pro or iPad Air 3
Apple’s iPad Pro may well be one of the not-so-mass market Cupertino product. It tried to bring pro features to iPad but struggled to deliver any use with it.
While iPad Pro was great for designers, it felt underwhelming for general consumers. The larger part of the issue was its 12.9-inch enormously huge display. According to 9to5Mac, Apple plans to introduce newer iPad with 9.7-inch display and similar Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard support.
So will it be called 9.7-inch iPad Pro or iPad Air 3. We will get to know that in 9 days time.
Apple Watch could well be the most successful smartwatch ever. It has really outsold many Android Wear watches, and its software has evolved considerably since the time it was introduced.
Apple is not expected to update its smartwatch at this event, it is likely to keep that for some other time. It will actually introduce newer bands, and perhaps new additions like a FaceTime camera, if you go by the rumours.
Rumours suggest Apple may introduce a new fashion partner like it did with Hermes at September event. Also there could surprise announcement of Black Milanese loop band.
Apple might actually use the new 4-inch iPhone to introduce iOS 9.3 Apple iOS 9.3 should improve the split-screen multitasking feature and may officially introduce Night Mode which turns the colours easier on your eyes in dark environment.
Apple may also speak about new Mac OS X updates, especially after that recent report of a first-ever Mac ransomware attack.
One more thing
While it is uncertain, there is a fair chance of Apple updating its Macbooks. In fact, all the three Macbooks – Macbook, Macbook Air and Macbook Pro – are due for an upgrade and Apple might use this opportunity to show them some love.
Do follow this space for more updates