Apple is all set to launch the new iPhone 6S at an event in San Francisco today but for one marketing firm, this is not good news. Why? The firm is called 6S and is now worried that with the launch of the iPhone 6S their own brand name is under threat.
The marketing firm has even put up billboards in New York requesting Apple to ditch the iPhone 6S and, instead go with the iPhone 7 branding.
In a blog post, Chris Breikss from 6S Marketing wrote,”See, our company name is 6S Marketing, but our clients, friends, and colleagues simply refer to us as good ol’ “6S.” It’s a small name but a big part of our identity — one we’ve been using since 2000, when we started this company in my tiny apartment. At that time, we didn’t think that one of the biggest, and most well-respected, companies would use it to name a mobile device.”
- Flipkart Apple Week: Top discounts on iPhone X, iPhone 7, Apple AirPods and more
- Apple warns employees to stop leaking information to media
- Flipkart Apple Week till April 9: iPhone X at Rs 79,999, iPhone 8 at Rs 54,999 and more
- Apple Fest on Amazon till March 12: iPhone X starting at Rs 82,999, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and more discounts
- Flipkart Apple sale: Top discounts on iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 and more
- Apple iPhone prices rise in India: iPhone X to older iPhone 6, which should be your pick?
He adds that for them 6S is like a fun take on success.
The post ends, “Hopefully, this message will reach you in time and you’ll reconsider leaving “6S” to the originals — we’ve been rocking it since the millennium, after all.”
The 6S company has been around since 2000 and they feel that with the iPhone 6S, their 15 year identity is at stake. For now, it looks unlikely though that the iPhone 6S will be called anything but the iPhone 6S.